Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any modern FB team collectors out there??

I know this subject is almost taboo after Gary organized those group breaks last year but I figured I'd put this out there to see if anyone is interested. I am setting up a Box/Case Break Group for modern FB products (2003-2008) which would allow me to add to my Browns team collection and allow other collectors to add to their own. Each month we fill as many teams (at $35 per team) and I bust the wax and each team collector that participated gets all the cards pulled from their team (base, inserts, parallels, rookies, auto's, game used, etc.). If we fill all teams that would give us $1,000 per month to break some nice products.

Again, I get the pessimism and I understand that people will be leery based on past history of getting burned but the only way to get past that is to move ahead and show people how every card (including the biggest hits) will go out to the team collector that signed up. The higher end breaks (Exquisite, National Treasures, etc.) will be broken on Youtube so you can see it firsthand. Otherwise I post a live break on the Beckett forums where they have a FB Box Break forum. The first break is scheduled to be ordered today but we still have 6 or 7 teams to fill and am also trying to set up some back up team collectors in case someone decides to back out at the last moment. If you have any interest in this please PM me and we'll go from there. I realize I'm a pretty new guy to these boards but I am on Ebay (Tcben2002) with good feedback if that means anything anymore. Take a look at the website below for lots of other details and if interested please let me know asap. Sorry about the long read... just trying to get all the teams filled.

Boxbreakers Site

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else? >>

who else joined?
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea and it would give me a run of Packers.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <anyone else>

<who else joined>

• Options
    Hey again. No new additions from this site but I got two PM's asking for more info so that's what I was referring to. All breaks would be posted on Youtube as well so you see every card pulled from the time the wrapper is taken off the box to the last card in the box. I can't do much more to gain your trust than that but again, I understand the doubters. I just find this is a good way for me to try for some nice Browns hits without having to spend $1,000 a month all by myself (because that wouldn't happen). No profit is made as all the money collected is put into the box orders... this is not about profit but about building my team collection. Anyone willing to give it a try just let me know. I have a number of collectors (mostly from the Beckett site) who expressed interest in teams that were already claimed so I may even form a 2nd group so if you have interest but your team is taken, still send me a PM and I'll keep you on the list as having interest in a particular team.
  • Options
    Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    I still have the following teams available;

Bucs
    Bears
    Seahawks
    Steelers
    Cardinals
    Eagles
    Falcons
    Jaguars
    Jets
    Texans

I extended the deadline due to some last minute dropouts that opened up a few of these teams that I'd like to get filled.
  • Options
    Bears are taken...anyone else interested?
  • Options
    Just looking at some of my old posts and found this one when I started up our Boxbreakers group breaks. Two years later we've got 3 ongoing monthly breaks, been the feature of a NY Times story on group breaks and average over $8K in products each month! Not intending to brag but it's just interesting how a thought that started so small can really take off and become such a big part of my "hobby life".
  • Options
    PM me if the Saints ever come open for whatever reason. I've got just about everything from inception to a few years ago when there were too many sets and team sets consisted of one or two base cards. From that point on is a cluster and is the reason I haven't bought too many lots lately off the eBay.
  • Options
    Will do. They were open off and on last year but after the season they had this year they have been claimed the last 9-10 months. I'll let you know if they open up in our FB breaks. They are available in our Multi-Sport break which involves breaking higher end stuff in all 4 sports but you choose which sports you want to participate in by the teams you select (each slot gets 3 teams). Check the Multi-Sport page on the website to see how it works if you have interest.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    How does it work for autos and patches of players from multiple teams? i.e. if you get a quad auto of a Packer, Lion, Jet and Seahawk. Who gets the card?
  • Options
    Great idea, I like it. If I were collecting modern set, I'd definitely join up.

As to the question above, I'd also be curious to know how you handle insert cards that don't necessarily have anything to do with football, i.e. Mayo inserts etc.