Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY ISSUE - What should I do???

I listed a card twice on ebay by mistake. I didn't discover this error until after the auctions ended. I sent the card out to one of the purchasers already and I have tried to explain to the second purchaser that it was an honest mistake but they keep sending me the payment via PAYPAL. I have 100% perfect feedback and will even take a negative if that is what the person wants to do but has anyone else encountered this???? I have refunded the payment twice already and even sent a "bonus" amount to make up for the inconvience and they sent me a third payment this morning. Is there a way to block payments thru paypal so I could refund and block any further payments??

Or if someone out there has a PSA 6 1965 Tom Tresh card that they would be willing to sell me so I could send to the second "winner" let me know...I'll even settle for a PSA 7 if someone has it reasonably priced.

Any help much appreciated.
thanks..

al.

Comments

• Options
    Good day,
    I end up doing this occasionally, or I relist something that I already sold. Sounds to me like you have done everything you can to make it right. Basically I do the same thing, unless this guys a real awhole you shoudn't have to worry about a neg. I've had it happen to me as well, people make mistakes, if your refunding all the money to include postage, PayPal fees, whatever and a bonus......What more can you do!!!! Take yourself out behind the barn and Shoot yourself......Your good !!!
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Neil, I wish he would stop sending me the payment....he's sent it three times already....does anyone know if there is a way to stop the payments???? Also if someone does have a PSA 6 or 7 1965 Tom Tresh let me know......I'm trying to make good on this for the person......
    I checked ebay and there is only a PSA 8 out there........
    any help appreciated.
  • Options
    Unfortunatly if he keeps sending the payment then he is an A*hole that will end up negging you and filing a NSS complaint against you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Next time he sends the money keep it. Then when he files against you return it.

Nothing else you can do.

I assume you have also emailed this nit wit and explained the situation so IMO not much more you can do.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I have had it happen to me.. where the guy accidentally listed 2 as the quantity..
    and the other guy paid 1st... I just said oh well and moved on..
    what can you do..but some people need confrontation and have to be jerks
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing also. The buyer didn't believe me, so I sent him a link to the first auction showing the same psa card which I sold a couple weeks earlier and explained to him that I have many similar cards for sale on a regular basis and just forgot to remove this particular auction from my turbolister uploads. That ended his communication.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I got the guys telephone number and will try calling him. I guess actual contact will hopefully make more sense. al.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>Next time he sends the money keep it. Then when he files against you return it.

Nothing else you can do.

I assume you have also emailed this nit wit and explained the situation so IMO not much more you can do.

Steve >>

LOL. Exactly what I was going to say. You're probably going to get negged regardless. And why be such an a*hole on a '65 Tom Tresh? I mean really?
  • Options
    Well, he sent me back a message saying he would stop sending payment. At least I got that part done.....now the 90 day wait to see if he pulls the trigger on a negative.....I still plan to call him so maybe that will help.....I'm closing in on 3K without a negative so it would bother me to get one now.....al.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't sell on ebay but you are paying them for a multitude of service that they get paid for.

Why not call ebay reps and ask what they recommend?

Honest mistakes happen - this guy is just being a major league tool.

My recommendation - I wouldn't want to call the guy - if he's bonehead enought to resend the money on an honest mistake where you gave him a few bucks back - he's gonna be more fun than a barrel of forums to talk to over the phone IMO!

Good luck - but I would talk to ebay IMO - it's their show.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the guy makes a couple bucks every time he sends payment and you refund for slightly more than he originally sent to you.

He pays you $50, you send him $55 back. Makes $5 each time.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Don't fear the neg. I've got 1110 positives and and one neg. and I wear that neg. like a badge of courage. The jerk deserved the neg. and he negged me back (post from last April, he wouldn't sell me a card because the high bid didn't reach half of Beckett value, but he didn't have a reserve on the auction). I felt someone needed to stop this jerk so I bit the bullet. Yes, I'd like to be 100%, but 99.9% is good enough for Ivory Soap and good enough for me.
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I would not call him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Send a mutual agree to cancel and get your fees back, also.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't fear the neg. I've got 1110 positives and and one neg. and I wear that neg. like a badge of courage. The jerk deserved the neg. and he negged me back (post from last April, he wouldn't sell me a card because the high bid didn't reach half of Beckett value, but he didn't have a reserve on the auction). I felt someone needed to stop this jerk so I bit the bullet. Yes, I'd like to be 100%, but 99.9% is good enough for Ivory Soap and good enough for me. >>

I am the same way. I am proud of my one negative, although I think it might go away with the new feedback rules since the seller was NARU'd four days after he left retaliatory feedback.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Ivory soap is 99 47/100% pure, a little less than 99.9%, so youre BETTER than Ivory
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    how about sending a package with his refund inclosed with delivery confirmation.not exactly kosher but he got his money back.
  • Options

<< <i>how about sending a package with his refund inclosed with delivery confirmation.not exactly kosher but he got his money back. >>

I like it! My friend actually DROVE to te store and bought an item and shipped it to an ebayer, the guy was just so irritating! Unreal how these people can be!
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least you got your guy to quit after 3 payments. When I listed a card by accident, I had the guy pay me *6* times. He kept saying "I don't understand why you don't have the card, you listed it on Ebay..."

It was like $3 card, too.

Never did get a neg from the guy either.

Tabe
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait till May when buyers can leave neg FB and sellers can't respond in kind...95% pos FB will be the new 99.9%.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Send a mutual agree to cancel and get your fees back, also. >>

The problem here with filing a mutual is more than likely he will tell Ebay he does not agree just to end the transaction and the way that mutual is worded he may think you are trying to give him a UPI strike and neg you when it is possible he would not otherwise. I would just eat the fees.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>how about sending a package with his refund inclosed with delivery confirmation.not exactly kosher but he got his money back. >>

I like it! My friend actually DROVE to te store and bought an item and shipped it to an ebayer, the guy was just so irritating! Unreal how these people can be! >>

Then he files a SNAD complaint with Paypal and he sends back an empty box with DC you are out on both ends.
  • Options
    I appreciate everyone's advise and decided to not call the person. I refunded his last payment and haven't heard back again and he hasn't sent another payment. He sent me a message saying he wouldn't pay again so I will leave well enough alone. And so far no negs so hopefully this is a closed issue.

al.