Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

####### I hope I get one of only 5 Golden Tickets #######

Hi All image

I haven't bought a box of cards in God knows how long, I like buying singles, but after reading this Upper Deck article it got me thinking of buying a box of cards, and maybe even do a live box break video.

Heres the LINK to the UD website!

There is only 5 "Golden Tickets" out there, kinda like that money with the goldern tickets in the chocolate bar, you know the movie Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Is anybody else buying a box of cards for this reason? I think its pretty cool, and it brings lots of fun into collecting image

Giovanni

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Sorry couldn't resist

• Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Nice job of quality assurance on their website:

"When 2007-08 Exquisite Basketball arrives in stores this summer, collectors will be blown by how far the product line has come over the last five years and how exciting the content has become"
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    If a Golden Ticket gets you blown, I guess I want one.

<< <i>"When 2007-08 Exquisite Basketball arrives in stores this summer, collectors will be blown by how far the product line has come over the last five years and how exciting the content has become"

>>

• Options
    Haha, funny stuff Allan. I stopped falling for those marketing ploys. With the whole "world's greatest pack search" and "golden ticket" garbage, it's an absolute waste of money IMHO. Especially with what they put in the non-winner boxes (which is the huge majority), nothing but 80's and 90's garbage in horrible condition.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    I take it that I shouldn't buy a box? Your making it sound like its impossible image

Do you know if any of these golden tickets have sold on ebay? I searched and couldn't find one. I guess this is one of those things you just don't sell, people would want to go there themselves, and I don't blame them image

Giovanni
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I take it that I shouldn't buy a box? Your making it sound like its impossible >>

Its not impossible Gio, I mean if you have time to swing by Wal-Mart and pick up a blaster box you may as well go ahead an pull a few golden tickets. They keep them next to the winning lottery tickets and bags of tostitos with the Super Bowl tickets in them. Pick me up a few while you are there.
  • Options
    I look at it like this, you definitley have no shot if you do not buy .

I say it's worth it , I like buying them anyway , so for me , it's like a possible bonus .

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks .

If they don't want to buy, I have more of a chance . image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I look at it like this, you definitley have no shot if you do not buy . >>

"You can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win much either."
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I would probably sell the golden ticket if I found one, because I wouldn't have the time to go there anyway image

It would probably fetch like 10K??? image

Giovanni
  • Options
    If you like the product, then buy a box and you can't lose. If your buying it just to get a ticket, its going to be like playing the lotto, odds are you won't win.
  • Options
    Even in horse racing , the 3 legged horse eventually comes in first .

The 100 to 1 shot is an exciting horse to bet on .

Especially if you know something about the horse that not many know about on that particular day , on that particular track , at that particular time of day .

What's that got to do with this ??

Probably not much , just the odds get even every once in a while .

I was never one to like to play the favorites game, you might win, but you don't win much unless you put up a ton, then you stand to lose a ton too , when the number 2 comes in .

GET UP THERE WITH THAT 7 !

COME ON 7 !

Reminds me of that movie , The Pope of Greenwich village , where Eric Robers has a tip on a Horse called Starry Hope .

That was a great flick . . .

Charlie ! they cut off my thumb Charlie !

They cut off my f&^%$in thumb !
  • Options

<< <i>If you like the product, then buy a box and you can't lose. If your buying it just to get a ticket, its going to be like playing the lotto, odds are you won't win. >>

I definetly see what your saying, but I think buying a box of cards would give me a 5 out of a million odds, and with the lotto more like 1 out of a trillion!

Sure with the lotto you win millions, but that golden ticket would be worth a million to me, or at least I would try to make my pack contain a million dollars worth of cards image

I will take your advice and buy the best box that would best fit my card needs, just in case I don't get that ticket image lol

Thanks! image

Giovanni
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    'Cause I've got a golden ticket
    I've got a golden chance to make my way
    And with a golden ticket, it's a golden day
  • Options
    gio, you'd have better luck getting a golden shower than a golden ticket.
  • Options

<< <i>gio, you'd have better luck getting a golden shower than a golden ticket. >>

Golden shower? I don't think their giving away any of those image

Giovanni
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    I think they post the odds on these sets and the chance of pulling the inserts on the back of the packs?
  • Options

<< <i>I think they post the odds on these sets and the chance of pulling the inserts on the back of the packs? >>

Good idea Art, I will look into that, Thanks! image

Giovanni