Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Vintage Get Smart Panels

Does any one collect these? This was my absolute favorite TV show as a child, and I would love to put together a complete set. Was wondering if anyone had any to trade or sell (preferably NM, full panels, U.S.A. version).

Also wondering on the value, if there are some that are more rare than others, if the U.S. cards are more or less rare than the OPC, etc. Any information would be appreciated! I think I have one double to trade, but would also pay well for ones I need!

Paul H.

www.disc-or-die.com
www.jamesbondcards.com
www.vintagestarwarscards.com
paul@disc-or-die.com
transparentpunk@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Yes I collect them only in panel form. I currently have around a dozen US in NM or better. Sorry no doubles. I have found centering to be the hardest thing. I’m really centering critical. I think there was a large find of OPC Get Smart stuff that was in a Mastro auction a few years ago. Packs/panels/kits So I have to believe that has made those more common. The panels are marked as being OPC, but I believe the kits are identical.

Are you looking to get every panel combination possible (44), or just a complete set on the fewest amount of panels (33)? I’ve just been buying any of the 44 I can find centered and in NM or better.

If you collect single detached cards, short printed cards exist, but as far as panels go, all panels appear on a sheet the same amount of times, so in theory none are harder to find then any other. But in reality I think more people try to collect the panel set in the fewest amount of panels possible, so those 33 panels become more desirable. And some of those even have the perception of containing short printed cards makes some cost more than others.

-Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

Thanks for the info, it was very helpful. Especially the info on the sheet containing the same number of each panel - so I would agree that they should all have the same value/weight when collected in panel form. I was really wondering about that.

I saw the OPC set on the PSA set registry, and it said that the OPC were much more rare. But, according to the PSA graded pop report - they seem to be less rare (i.e. more were graded, and they received generally higher grades). A big find would explain that, thanks again.

I'm trying to put together a complete U.S. set of 44. I'm not super concerned with centering, I just like the overall condition to be decent (say PSA 6 or better). My main concern is that the perfs look good (no stress), that the backs haven't been scratched, and that there are no gum stains. I also like sharp corners. I have only two PSA graded so far - I'll add a scan to this post.

I only have a few raw to get graded, but am looking to get more. I have paid from $20 - $70 so I really don't quite have a handle on the actual average value... but it's not really a major factor, since I love the cards and want the set regardless of the price.

Once (or I should say if) I have a few more doubles I'll contact you about a possible trade - even if you don't have any doubles from this set, I could trade them for something else - I really only need one set. Do you have enough PSA graded to get them to add the set to the registry? I think you need five, and I only have the two....

Paul Holstein

www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Options
    Did you hear the movie is coming out? Steve Carrel and some cutie
  • Options
    But of course!

Did you notice that Bill Murray is Agent 13 and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is Agent 23?

An all star cast, could hardly have picked them better myself.

Paul H.
    www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    o dam Terry Crews as Agent 91!

This is gonna be good!