Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

First attempt at Ancient Coin Photography

Picked up some old coins from the local B&M today and thought I would share them with you. I'll post more as I get them immaged.

Ok here are the first photos of an ancient that I have taken.

For the record I thought color was tough to mach on modern coins.......Holy cow is it a billion times harder on this type of coin.

It may take me a while to get the hang of it.

Comments

• Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, wish I could get the hang of it.

Tried so far with

Canon A560
    Coolpix something or other
    newest try Nikon D40

Still look like crap...

Try try again, someone famous said that I think.

Bob
    Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    Julia Avita Mamaea
    was the second daughter of Julia Maesa, a powerful Roman woman of Syrian Arab origin and Syrian noble Julius Avitus. She was a niece of empress Julia Domna and emperor Septimius Severus and sister of Julia Soaemias. She was born and raised in Emesa.

• Options
    Barbarous radiates are imitations of the antoninianus, a type of coin issued during the Roman Empire, which are so named due to their crude style and prominent radiate crown worn by the emperor. Barbarous radiates were issued privately primarily during the Crisis of the Third Century in the western provinces. They are not generally regarded as forgeries since they were smaller than standard issues and probably functioned as small change.

• Options
    Lucius Septimius Severus

was a Roman general, and Roman Emperor from April 14, 193 AD to 211 AD. He was born in what is now the Libyan part of Rome's historic Africa Province, making him the first emperor to be born in Africa.

• Options
    Flavius Iulius Constantius, known in English as Constantius II, born in Sirmium (now Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia), (7 August 317 - October 5, 361) was a Roman Emperor (337 - 361) of the Constantinian dynasty.

• Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, those are some terrific photos image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.