Home Stamps Forum
Options

How old is this board?

What was Nirvana's first album?
What was their #1 single?
What pop artist did they knock out of the #1 spot?

Complete this line;
She eyes me like a Pisces
when I am weak
I've been locked inside your
--- ---- --- ---- ------
Fill in the dashed line....

These would be fun to hear the responses to, although it's pretty easy to look this stuff up on any search engine.

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to guess at all three..no search engines. I love the grunge. I have a Sirius radio and it pratically stays glued on station 24 90's Alternative.

In Bloom

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Michael Jackson

Heart Shaped Box for Weeks
  • Options
    I think my favorite album was Nevermind..that might be the first answer, but I was thinking that was their second album. I'm the golden age of thirty by the way.
  • Options
    3 out of 4, not bad. First album was "Bleach"(You've probably heard the song "About a Girl" it's from that release) Speaking of grunge my ex-girlfriend hung out with the Stone Temple Pilots at their house a short time before the release of "Core." At the time she had said they were pretty good, I said I hadn't heard of them. Then a few weeks later I saw them on MTV! I always thought that was pretty cool.
  • Options
    I'm still a whacko Jimi Hendricks nut and I'm 54 years old.
  • Options
    I'm 39, I was 23 when Kurt died(seems like yesterday). Actually I have been reading some stuff on him after all these years. I listened to hardcore, punk and other underground music before Nirvana hit the charts. I hated 99% of 80's music (that is mainstream MTV crap) Then Nirvana popped into the mainstream in late 91' after that it was all history. It opened the way for more diverse music besides the mostly pop crap that was out (OK Nevermind was pop but still different) It also represented the end of the crappy pop metal band era. I may actually go to his birthplace in Washington next year on the 15th anniversary of his death. I guess I am turning into a nut (probably always have been though)
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Ugh.

Kurt Kaboom and Nirvana killed real music. Give me the hair bands of the 80s any day over that Seattle grunge crap. Downtuned guitars, "inspired" lyrics about how life sucks and you want to die. I'll take the "party till you drop" attitude and over-the-top choruses of 80s metal and pop, thanks.

Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden = yuckypoo.

Of course, opinions are like a$$holes, and it really depends on the era you grew up in...
  • Options
    Love myself better than you
    Know it's wrong
    but what can I do. : )