Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

MJ Roop Storage Boxes *GROUP BUY IS CONFIRMED*

With MJ Roop now out of business, I know there've been several posts on the boards looking for the storage boxes that they sold. I've been in contact with the manufacturer and have arranged for a limited offering of their boxes if there's enough interest.

The manufacturer will drop ship to locations as long as they are outside of New York state. The sales rep told me that they're not set up to collect sales tax as a manufacturer. If any NY residents want boxes, please PM me and we'll talk about getting them out to the proper places. Same goes for Canadian collectors as I'll need to get a freight quote.

The price per box is $80 which includes freight. Last summer there was a thread here with the same boxes for the same price and they sold out quickly.

The manufacturer has put a 10 day window on the terms of sale, so I'd need to know how many boxes you're interested in. If it looks like we'll meet their minimum, I'll start to collect payment. I'll also take payment up front if you prefer and refund it if the purchase doesn't go through. Paypal preferred as it's easiest to track, clears instantly, and can be immediately refunded if needed.

You can post here or PM me with interest. I know there was a lot of interest the last time this was put together, so hopefully this will help out some people who missed out or want more.

I have many references available upon request and my eBay account can be found here.

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

What's the color and finish of the boxes?
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    the boxes are black and made of solid wood. These aren't the cherry ones Roop had. I've borrowed a picture from the last group buy.

• Options
    I would be interested in one.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Thanks smtjoy...I have you down for one. There's been a very positive response, but if we can get a few more people at 2-3 boxes each, the order will definitely go through. I need final counts by Sunday and payments to follow.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    We've reached the minimum order quantity, so this deal will go through. Please see the post on the BST for payment information.

BST Payment Info

It's not too late to get in still, so please let me know.

• Options
    BorderRatBorderRat Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Brian,

If it is not too late I would like one MJ Roop box. Shadow_wolf45 is my ebay ID if you need references for payment.

thanks, Doug
  • Options
    All PMs answered...thanks.

I'd like final tallies by tomorrow...Paypal ASAP.

Brian
  • Options
    I will try to dig up the link, but the MJ Roop boxes are the same as ones used for photos and sold on a couple photography websites for half the price. These are the same as I compared them to my Roops.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in a couple. Please let me know if there if the offer is still open and cost.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>I will try to dig up the link, but the MJ Roop boxes are the same as ones used for photos and sold on a couple photography websites for half the price. These are the same as I compared them to my Roops. >>

Roop sold those too, but they were best for storing ungraded cards.
    The boxes used to store photos are made of cardboard and do not hold up well for storing slabbed cards.

These ain't them.
    These are the sturdy wooden boxes so the price is a good one.
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Are any still available?
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    Hi Spacktrack,
    I got to this thread late. I'd take 1 box if you have any left. (You mentioned these are the wooden variety. With the embossed MJ Roop insignia inside?)
    Greg
    PM sent
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I will try to dig up the link, but the MJ Roop boxes are the same as ones used for photos and sold on a couple photography websites for half the price. These are the same as I compared them to my Roops. >>

Roop sold those too, but they were best for storing ungraded cards.
    The boxes used to store photos are made of cardboard and do not hold up well for storing slabbed cards.

These ain't them.
    These are the sturdy wooden boxes so the price is a good one. >>

There are both. just like the Roops, they had one that was the same material as the inner rows that fit in the box itself for like $22.95, and then they carried the exact same as the Roops shown for about $35.95.
  • Options
    If you can get the wooden Roop boxes for $35.95 (wooden box, 4 inner trays, and a lock), please let me know as I'd be interested in dozens.

The manufacturer of the cardboard (pressboard) boxes that supplied Roop sells the cardboard boxes on their site for $46.85 each plus shipping.

Not sure of any other distributor, but I'd be interested to learn.
  • Options

Archival Methods : archivalmethods.com

has these for $ 37.50 in quantity.

They look the same and have the same four removable trays,
    but they are made of cardboard. Nice, but not sturdy like the wooden ones.

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Paul's right...it's AM with the cardboard boxes. The price I quoted is for one box; you can get 10+ at $37.50.
  • Options
    PM SEnt
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Put me down for two.