Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

SSP: MARCH MADNESS! CONSOLIDATED LORDM SALES THREAD

I'm putting my stuff on coinzip.com now. It's easy to join- no credit card required. It's the creation of a CU forum member, so I have decided to lend it my support, and I encourage you all to do the same. It is a brand new site so it is still small and there are still a few bugs to be worked out with things like the search engines and some of the category displays, but such is to be expected of something new, I suppose. It's free to sellers, too, so I have nothing to lose. (Free to sellers until January 2009, and even after that, it'll be cheap.)

Here are a few offerings. Mostly world coins as usual, though I do have some USA Bust half lots and one token running presently-see below. (USA is alphabetical in the country list, under "U").

First, some bags. For sale here; not a CoinZip auction like the ones below. PM to reserve quantities.

I made 100 of these bags up for my local antique mall customers. At $2.00 apiece, with a minimum of 15 coins per bag, that works out to 13 cents a coin. This is mostly "under-one-dollar" material like USA Wheat cents and common world coins, but is a good mixture of both old and new, and every tenth bag contains a piece of silver!

USA & WORLD COIN MYSTERY GRAB BAGS (old & new coins)

imageAUSTRALIA, HALFPENNY, 1943(M), AU50 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageAUSTRALIA, 1 PENNY, 1943(P), EF40 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageCHILE: 1 PESO, 1933, VF30 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageECUADOR, 5 CENTAVOS, 1946, MS63 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageFRANCE: 5 FRANCS, MS64, GEMMY! (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $6.00
imageGERMAN STATES (BAMBERG): 5 KREUZER, 1766-S(N)R, VF+ details, net Fine Start: $12.00
imageGERMAN STATES (BAVARIA): 2 PFENNIG, 1796, Fine Start: $5.00
imageGERMAN STATES (HESSE-DARMSTADT): 1 KREUZER, 1720, Fine Start: $9.00
imageGERMAN STATES (NURNBERG): 1 KREUZER (4 PFENNIG), 1705, VF Start: $24.00
imageGERMAN STATES (WURTTEMBURG): 1/2 KREUZER, 1787, VF Start: $26.00
image(NAZI) GERMANY: 10 REICHSPFENNIG, 1942-A, AU50 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
[imageGREAT BRITAIN: HALFPENNY, 1935, EF40 (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageHUNGARY: 10 POLTURA, 1706, Malcontents' revolutionary coinage, VF Start: $20.00
imageNEW ZEALAND, 1 PENNY, 1942, EF DETAILS (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imageNORWAY: 1 ØRE, 1954, MS64 BN (NR, FREE S&H) Start: $0.99
imagePOLAND: 3 GROSCHEN, 1624, VF Start: $36.00

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now here's where the giveaway part comes in.

Post ONCE here to be entered into a random drawing March 1st.

Winner will get his/her choice of a $2.00 credit or one of the "Mystery Bags" seen above. Yeah, it's a cheapo giveaway, but maybe you'll get doubly lucky and end up getting one of the Mystery Bags with silver, who knows?

Edit: Make that TWO winners. I will draw two winners here for a $2.00 credit or a Mystery Bag, whichever they choose.

BTW, I am also doing the same giveaway (for which one winner will be selected), over on the main BST forum, where there is a clone of this thread. So if you enter here and on the main BST, you have two chances to win. But remember, only ONE post on each thread, please!

GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED- COINGUY19 AND SUMNOM WON.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    OH ME FIRST !!!! Maybe I can win this one for my new son! image
    Todd
  • Options
    Sounds like great deals to me Roman. Through my name into the bag.
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • Options
    I'd say your new son qualifies for a freebie, anyway, Todd. PM your address.

• Options
    Cool - if I win I will donate to a YN...

John
    John C. Knudsen, LM ANA 2342, LM CSNS 337
    SFC, US Army (Ret.) 1974-1994
  • Options
    Enter me please.

Thanks for the giveaway!
  • Options
    enter me in, thanks
  • Options
    Cool! Enter my name here, too! Thanks for the chance(s)!! Just left the BST and entered there, too.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    You know what you should have done, Rob? You should have made each of the holed halves into christmas tree ornaments with ribbon through the hole. I know I'd have probably paid $20 for a nice holey ornament for the holi day.
  • Options
    Actually, that thought did occur to me, later on in the Christmas season.

Somebody can do that next year. Or I might take some holey duplicates and go into business in November/December. Ladymarcovan has lots of fancy ribbon and craft stuff.

• Options
    I'm in image
  • Options
    Please enter me, thanks!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for the second chance LM!
    Aaron
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Who could refuse the chance to get a bag of mystery? Count me in, please.
  • Options
    Well, bidders can have as many "bags of mystery" as they like. image

But contestants here get two chances at FREE bags of mystery.

I listed 30 of the 100 in the Dutch auction.

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    Thank you for the chance image

~
  • Options
    Giveaway winners were Coinguy19 and sumnom.

I have sumnom's address but will need Coinguy19's.

• Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Lord M. I can hardly wait to see what mysteries come spilling out of that little bag!image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob,
    Do you realize if I click on USA: 20-PIECE PARTIAL DATE SET OF HOLED/PLUGGED BUST HALF DOLLARS from your list, I won't get to your auction? The same for the other Bust Half.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the auctions were moved.

"Parent category has been deleted by the Administrator."