Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Do you think there's a good reason why this card is NOT in a PSA holder?

Please do the link to the auction and let me know your opinion

1954 Gene Woodling "8"

My gut tells me to RUN AWAY!

Regards,

Alan

Comments

• Top to bottom looks pretty short. I'd stay away.

Steve P.
  • Now Alan you know you're not supposed to post such things on the REGISTRY board. imageimage
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    But this is where all the smart people hang out...

Regards,

Alan
  • Ah, PRO - the company that proves the "no barrier to entry" gripe about grading companies. I won't repeat the numerous allegations (e.g., garbage in, treasures out) here. I'll put it this way: they ain't PSA...
  • While that is true, I'm sure you will agree that we all do our "slumming" over on the Sports Cards Board so you'll always get the smart opinion there. Besides, if a great member like you encourages this sort of outlandish behavior image, you will just be encouraging the kids to come over and ask us for things like the current population for PSA 9 Peyton Manning Die Cut Atomic Refractor signature jersey cards. Think of the carnage!!

By the way, don't you agree that all 1972 Topps sets registered with the Registry have their origins from The Soviet Union? I heard that their was a huge stash of cards that was recently discovered in an old Soviet missile silo that accounts for most of the graded specimens today! Apparently, the Soviets thought the '72 issue cards were excellent for warding off radiation leaks from the warheads.

If I buy the card and it's trimmed...it might drive me to collecting Peyton Manning refractor cards...

Please don't make my punishment for posting on the wrong board be severe...like having to hang out with those 1972 Topps baseball junkies. After all, they're only one step removed from the Peyton Manning refractor crowd.

Regards,

Alan
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I don't see why everyone is always ragging on PRO. I am currently working on a PRO 9.0 set for 1952 Topps. In fact, I had to put down my scissors just so I could make this post to defend PRO. Well, back to working on my set . . .
  • Christ, you're getting the W. Clark card. Shut up and bid. image
    No need to take God's name in vain . . .
  • Sorry.
    Apology gladly accepted.
  • I have to agree, a wee bit short T-B. It isn't in a PRO holder for nothing!

I'm glad that several of you are waking up to the fact in regards to the 1972 set collector's conspiracy! And to think that we thought that the commies were a bad lot! Ha!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Comrade Zardoz,

Please no mock 72 collector peoples. Or I will force turn Comrade Castaldi loose. Very angry since KGB no pay more in late 80's... Have nice dayimage!

Comrade Bakkavonovich
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    FB has connections with Nikolai Volkoff and his old tag-team partner the Iron Shiek, so you should walk on toes around him and any of the 1972 Topps collectors. They scare me almost as much as the Varghabucks machine.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • PRO - Proving once again that there is such a thing as a card being centered 45/40.
  • Run the other way screaming with your hands held high in the air!!
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Does PSA have a registry set for the 1986 Donruss Rookies yet? If so, that EX-5 card might ignite my interest in building that set.

More than anything, this "cute and sneaky" seller figured he's going to pull the wool over everyone's eyes with the "+PSA" tactic in his Title. Now that's very impressive.

The seller makes me sick to my stomach.

Sky
    "Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

"Give me a reason to fly, and I'll be there"

• A LOT of sellers are doing this now. They'll be selling a raw card and then
    "throw in" a PSA 8 of some nobody just so they dont get in trouble for listing
    PSA in the title. There are even a few who throw both PSA and BGS in there.
    Its way too sneaky and really annoying.

<<More than anything, this "cute and sneaky" seller figured he's going to pull the wool over everyone's eyes with the "+PSA" tactic in his Title. Now that's very impressive.
    The seller makes me sick to my stomach.>>

Misplaced Bostonian stuck in the south.

Currently Working On PSA Sets Of:
    '59 Topps BB, '60 Topps BB, '67 Topps BB, '50 Bowman BB
    Whenever I see "Plus PSA" in the title, I don't even bother to look at it.
  • Waittil, I think this card is 45/40 on top, and 45/35 on bottom...the left side edge is parallel to white border, and right side gets narrower.

Just came across this card ironically listed on ebay by psa-card, who looks like a reputable dealer (why wouldn't he want to get this into PSA holder????)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1801196035

Jim S
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Don't be so certain as to the reputation of psa-card. He sells an awful lot of PRO "graded" cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
    Somebody paid $113 for the card. They're either gonna be really smart...or out a c note.

link to final bid

Regards,

Alan