Home Sports Talk
Options

This is the worst time of year for sports. Bar none.

Football is over. image

March Madness is 3 weeks away. image

NBA and NHL seasons are in their dog days. image

Baseball has yet to start. image

Golf and tennis aren't doing much. image

NASCAR is about the only thing on. image

UGH.

Ron
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed image
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Aw come on you don't like Congress getting into sports? Now we have other players ratting out Clemens, his wife's boobgate, photos floating supposedly of him at Canseco's party. What's not to be enthralled about? image Oh yeah let's not forget a certain Houston fan's fairytale existence. image
  • Options
    I got so hard up for sports this past weekend I actually watch some Bowling.
  • Options
    A little sports down time is not that bad, allows you to concentrate on things you might have been putting off (cleaning the basement,
    doing taxes etc.)
  • Options
    instead of watching bowling, peel yourself off the couch and go bowling image

i cant wait for baseball season (and softball season for me)
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh yeah let's not forget a certain Houston fan's fairytale existence. image >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>instead of watching bowling, peel yourself off the couch and go bowling image

If I went bowling, then the chips on the table next to my chair wouldn't have gotten eaten in a timely fashion. image
  • Options
    dude! they have so many snacks that lanes these days i fee like im at the old country buffet! image it's all i can do to restrain myself getting two hotdogs in between the 1st and 2nd strings image (its league night for me tonight)
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I agree with Michigan. If it weren't for this time of year, I'd never get my taxes done. This is also a good time of year to spend "quality time" with the wife/girlfriend. I try to get as much as that out of the way so she'll leave me alone come Opening Day. If she starts to pester me about something I can say, "But Honey, we just spent time together a few weeks ago."