Home Sports Talk

Bartolo Colon to sign with the Bosox...is this good for them?

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
We know what kind of pitcher Colon used to be. It was only 2 years ago he won the CY Young Award. Is he damaged goods? I guess it will depend on how much money they pay him to see if he will be worth the risk.

Comments

• Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    It's only a minor league deal, so I doubt it's much. If he regains the form he had in 2005 it could be a steal.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's only a minor league deal, so I doubt it's much. If he regains the form he had in 2005 it could be a steal. >>

Agreed
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did he lose any weight or is he still as fat as Rich Garces?
  • If his arm has healed, you got a steal. If not oh well, its a minor league deal

With Colon on the mound, get used to 3-4 hour games and if he slows down the game to much, its not a good sign. He's at his best when he keeps a good pace going between pitches

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Ah, didnt notice it was a minor league deal. Good decision to take the chance.
  • worth the risk for a minor league deal. used to be a stud pitcher, i loved him when he played for the tribe.
  • On paper it looks like a brilliant deal, but it makes me wonder why he got a minor league deal. There wasn't another team out there willing to give him a major league contract? Or is it a case that he wanted to go to a contender? If Colon can regain form the Red Sox deep rotation just got much deeper...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ah, didnt notice it was a minor league deal. >>

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colon is also VERY good friends with Ortiz and Ramirez...this can't hurt.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I think Pawtucket just got a very decent starting pitcher to fill the void left by Buchholz.

<< <i>

<< <i>Ah, didnt notice it was a minor league deal. >>

image >>

I didnt read the article, just saw the headline. I assumed it was a major league deal. I'll be sure to read the article next time image
  • Personally I like it. The 2nd coming of the Bobbsey Twins?

imageimage

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I didnt read the article, just saw the headline. I assumed it was a major league deal. I'll be sure to read the article next time image >>

Hoe bout just spin it the way you see fit, and leave it to Red Sox nation to uncover the truth image

Go!!!!!! SOX!!! Let score some freakin runs!
    The truth is that the Sox are going DOWN this year! Go Yanks! No spin there! AMEN! image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    I didnt read the article, just saw the headline. I assumed it was a major league deal. I'll be sure to read the article next time image >>

Hoe bout just spin it the way you see fit, and leave it to Red Sox nation to uncover the truth image

Go!!!!!! SOX!!! Let score some freakin runs! >>

Couldnt have said it better myself Ted! image