Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

First x.5 cards ending

I didn't realize that the .5 grades had been coming back already, but I'm interested in how they are doing at auction. Seems like they, naturally, seem to be having little effect on lower grades, and I've not seen any completed with premium bumps (8.5 or 9.5) yet. Obviously it will depend on the actual card, not to mention all the other various factors that go into ebay pricing, but I wonder if things will settle into a pattern as populations grow. One card I was watching was a 1970 Clemente 7.5. It ended for $64, a buck less than a straight 7 ended 10 days ago. 8s sell for a little over $200, so no benefit to the seller there, but it wouldn't be hard to imagine that tough cards could price out at the mid-point. Or perhaps people willing to pay more, say $100 or so, would just go ahead and pay the $200 for the 8. I dunno, it'll be interesting to watch.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• Options
    9.5 is not an option. Is this correct?
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    No 9.5

I was watching a couple HOF football rookies.

Example 1:
    PSA 8 $150
    PSA 8.5 (3 higher) $415

Example 2:
    PSA 8 $224
    PSA 8.5 $422 (1 higher)

I would say the .5 grade was VERY instrumental in the cards receiving these prices. I will also note that they were graded on the new scale, not bumps.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No 9.5

I was watching a couple HOF football rookies.

Example 1:
    PSA 8 $150
    PSA 8.5 (3 higher) $415

Example 2:
    PSA 8 $224
    PSA 8.5 $422 (1 higher)

I would say the .5 grade was VERY instrumental in the cards receiving these prices. I will also note that they were graded on the new scale, not bumps. >>

Centering on example 1 kept the price down...With good centering, I think it would have sold in the $550-$600 range..

FYI, bumps/reviews also get the new flip with the number under the NM-MT...PSA's write up was kinda vague, but was meant to say reviews that DO NOT BUMP will not be reholdered and will not get the new flips...Any cards that get re-holdered or bumped will get the new flip...

I have some back that were review bumps that have the new version..
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    The certs on these all being same (among other tricks) lets me know these are newly graded. The 03193 cert is from early Feb. But yes, they are all receiving the new flips now, which only makes sense. Although the outcry was for the new flips to distinguish the old cards from the new cards. In many ways, it does that...thankfully.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    One card I was watching was a 1970 Clemente 7.5. It ended for $64, a buck less than a straight 7 ended 10 days ago.

I think it is still too early to tell.

did the straight 7 look nicer then the 7.5?

with the .5 grading system so young that is still very possible.

Steve
    Good for you.