Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

population report?

What would you do? 1976 topps baseball. Population report: 30 psa 8's, 17 psa 9's, 0 psa 10's. I own and submitted 10 of the 8's as well as 10 of the 9's. I have 20 more from vending, which if I submit, probably get the same 10 8's and 10 9's as last time. Now I would have 20 of the 27 9's. Should I submit or not? Do I decrease the value of my cards by increasing the pop even though I own most of the pop? Should I submit 1 or 2 per year for the next few years so there is not such a big jump in pop?

Comments

• Options
    Rope

Who is it. Thats the main key

• Options
    What if it "ungraded" is the cheapest, most expensive, or a card right in the middle? In any case it seems wrong to lower the value of your own cards by submitting more. Known fact that pop 12 will go for more than pop27--but if i own 20 of the 27 other collectors only have a chance to buy the other 7. Just trying to sort this out and see if I submit more. Please help with suggestions.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one person has 20 of 27 PSA 9s it would seem this card is plentiful in high quality but has simply not been submitted by a lot of people. I don't know too much about modern cards but if it is a common it may not be worth the expense of grading unless it has a shot at a 10.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    do you want to own all of the copies of this card? i have about half set in 9 (a few 10's) if you pm me who it is and wish to sell one of the 9's in STRICT CONFIDENCE i would be intersted.