Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Well, The infamous Rube strikes again

The incredible Rube strikes again !
I was just doing some sheetrock and painting today when my nephew comes in with a box , Inside the box were a couple of more 1950 Bowman football cards , a couple of Babe Ruth cards and this incredible airplane that he built with his own hands and these really cool complete set of Vietnam card with a cool story on #95 writen by him .

My son fell right in love with the airplane , I can not believe how detailed the airplane is . . . .Dude , you are incredible .

For me , I love the note that was written along with all the other stuff .

That autograph means more to me than anything .

Words simply can not express how I feel , that you think of us all the time .

As soon as the box came , he knew who it was from , right away .

Thank you buddy .

This airplane . . .is 1 of 1 and we are so happy to have it, as you know how much I love all things of flight .

Hope this pic comes out OK

Comments

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Rube, That is awesome! Very nice of you to do so.
    Jake
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    I may change my last name to Ruble and adopt Rube as my Daddy.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly nice Rube!
  • Options
    Rube! Rube! Rube!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Here is another pic of the airplane that Rube made with his hands , you would not believve the incredible detail and how heavy this airplane is !

Flaps , intakes , Missles , landing gear . . . I am just so stunned , I have put together at least 100 models , but I have never had anything made out of all hand cut and rolled steel , hand painted .

My son and I are both so "proud" to have this piece .
    It means so much to My son and I , as a matter of fact he is sitting behind me still holding it and I had to damn near fight him , just to have the time to take another pic .

Hope this one came out better
  • Options
    Very nice, way to go Rube!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Rube
  • Options
    Wow, what a generous gesture!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    There are some true class acts here. I hope they always remain!

Kevin
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice gesture Rube!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Very great looking plane!!!!!

Way to go Rube image

Giovanni
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Randy!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Randy.

Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice of you Rube.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I wish I was as cool as Rube.

No, really, I do.

Very nice gesture! image
  • Options
    And the hits just keep on coming. You are one talented old turkey!

That plane is great Randy! Jenny Finch would be proud.
    Tonya
  • Options

<< <i>There are some true class acts here. I hope they always remain!

Kevin >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is so true , I don't really visit any other boards but this one , with the exception of one other board with many of the same people there as well .

I have not been here a very long time and before comming here , I never even knew anything about grading cards , grading baseballs or anything like that , I feel I have learned so much in such a short amount of time with so much more to learn .

It makes me feel so good that someone would make me feel so welcome and there are so many I can turn to in absolute trust, In times when trust is a hard quality to come by .

To me , this place is much more than just a message board .

I don't think I am easily moved , But over the last year or so , I have been not just by things that happen with me , but you all as well .

I love this place .
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Way cool. You da man Rube!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go Rube, great stuff! image
    And +1 for that auto Alex Gordon card in the background.
  • Options
    Infamous means he's more than famous.
  • Options
    I am not sure of how one gets to be more than famous, but I believe here, he is .

Kinda reminds me of that song from Cheers ,

"You wanna go where eveybody knows your name "
  • Options
    If I have another child, I will name them "Rube"

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    whew- i just got back from from as valentines day dinner with my wife-im stuffed, i was good to ,she was proud haaaaaaaaaa
    glad lil anthony likes it, there is another on the post any pic thread,and choppers of brass and steel- biggest one i made is 6 foot- its in a hooters here in wv-thats a f-117 steath,the 1st stealth bomber made

<Infamous means he's more than famous>
    ya hit that one on the head lee- is what they told me in Pentagon aways
    "oh no , here it comes again" image
  • Options
    Lmffao . . .and I'm not even that fat . image

• Options
    If I have another child, I will name them "Rube"

they will be famous!!!!!
    rube foster
    there was a rube something in football i read about,escapes me not, went poof
  • Options
    That is something I never really understood about the 117 , they gave it the designation of F -117 but it is really a Bomber .

We lost a B-2 over Guam too I heard yesterday , but the pilots got out safely they said .

There goes a Billion Bucks !

I must have built about 100 model airplanes , maybe more , none of them compare to this work you have done .

I really could not believe how heavy this thing is and how long it must have taken to build it .

He loves it Randy , absolutely loves it .
  • Options
    rubeology- i just made a new word-image
    rube can make anything or paint anything -i have these in the rubecave,they are bigger, look 3 1/2 foot or so from here,ive still never got around to painting my chopper ,one of these days -all of this stuff is on post any pic thread aroud 25 or so,im going to try and get my custom knives back on tomorrow if the sun is shining so the detail shows
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember those pics. I like the giant chopper
  • Options
    Randy

I was a 67N for a bit before I went to OCS - and was commissioned a 2LT INF. Flew UH1 and even the OH6 which is now gone - I think the reserves has them?

The pic made me think of it. Enlisted always know an officer was enlisted when they see - the crewmember wings and another giveaway? The good conduct medal.

I gotta find some pics!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Hey those two Brass guns on the second shelf look familiar image

You sent us the same ones .

That is a beautiful display , I love that helicopter on top too !
  • Options

<< <i>Hey those two Brass guns on the second shelf look familiar image

You sent us the same ones .

That is a beautiful display , I love that helicopter on top too ! >>

That's what made me flashback Anthony.

I flew in UH-1s which that's a replica of - when I got commissioned, after a tour as a platoon leader, I applied to flight school and even applied to the Air Force and the Navy programs when I took a total detour which changed my life - sometimes I wish I had stayed the course.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    "I flew in UH-1s which that's a replica of "
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Stone I was pretty much just being born during those times and everything I knowabout it either comes from my friends father who was what they call a Tunnel Rat and his brother who was a chopper pilot Mr. Rube , books and Some movies I have seen .

The amount of balls you have to have to climb into one of those choppers on the way into and out of the LZ's just baffles me .

With all that gun fire right into you guys all the time , you know they would always want to get those choppers out of the sky first .

The craft was largely unprotected , unlike todays choppers where they have some sort of protection from gun fire .

I could never imagine myself in your shoes ever ever ever .

The amount of respect I have for you guys , I couldn't even put into words .

And I know they are just movies that I watch , but I shake my head in absolute amazement that anyone ever came home .
  • Options
    Enlisted always know an officer was enlisted when they see - the crewmember wings and another giveaway? The good conduct medal.

thats the truth , i found out em sucked real quick ,about 5 seconds after the plane door opened-i did the ocs route too-i liked giving orders much better than taking em image

you learned to make youself real small real quick anothony lol
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The amount of respect I have for you guys , I couldn't even put into words .

And I know they are just movies that I watch , but I shake my head in absolute amazement that anyone ever came home >>

I concur TNT. I just watched "We Were Soilders" recently at Randy's urging. That movie was unbelievable. What they did to a larger numbered Viet Cong army was amazing.

• Options
    Rube is the greatest and we all should try to be more like him!image Great work, Randy!

Robert
  • Options
    please contact my wife and tell her that, im been tring to convince her forever,she just aint buying it image

no sunshine today,all cloudy,i want to get my knives back on thread , i made i new one, took 6 months of beating on temperd steel,with 1 hit per puch,a bajillion punches later its finished, but i got it done, i have pistols ive done too,they are very cool looking-black ones punched and chromed ones,i like the chome ones the best,they are very hard to do,1 screwup and you killed the whole thing,unless you can incorporate it into the design,mine are always bizarre anyways so i can usually fix a screw up image
  • Options

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    ha i like it
  • Options
    Mike
  • Options
    i cant get the toolbar to work with vista, keep shutting me down, i liked the guys that blew things up too,they was funny, these icon suck on here , raeal funnny one of a rocket launcher guy,thats the one that kept shutting me downimage
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Mike
  • Options

• Options
    That is quite an awesome gesture Rube, your a true class act and make me laugh all the time.....not to mention the airplane is freaking sweet looking work.
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-thats funny doran!!!!!!!i think i have of pic of me somewhere with a santa claus hat i think, i know i have one of me holding the chistmas tree with beer can tabs and grenade pins on it and a bottle of somekind of whickey,i got alot of good toked and drunk rube pictures ,that was the main occupation ,making it to the next day so you could go get slossed and forget about it
  • Options
    Very cool of you!!! I'm pretty new here too, but have ran into many great people already!!!

On a side note, I'm very into WWII and the history of modern war in general. I also build WWII models, but not from scratch ya showoff image
    I checked out your website rube, I will most definately be purchasing some of that military stuff. I have both of my grandpa's Army uniforms, one a Master Sargeant in WWII, and one a Sargeant in Korea, along with some other things of theirs from the wars. I want to make a nice "shrine" so to speak, for both of them.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Very nice thread!!!! Thanx
  • Options
    tnt and so many of these dudes left lol
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    hello?

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

image >>

That's Happy Holidays Rube.
  • Options
    Rumor around the card shows is that Rube had a heart attack trying to chase down the last 52 topps auto's he needed, and his son sold them all on ebay.

I love the local folklore!