Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yankee Stadium Legacy Set

Anyone going after this big boy? I read about it in Beckett and cant even fathom how to go about getting the entire 6500 card set. I got 2 cards out of 8 retail packs.

Yankee Stadium Legacy Set

Comments

• Options
    It's going to be a pretty crazy set, should be interesting to see how it plays out.
    My collections Puckett, Biggio & Graded
    Keep your collection organized on iTaggit
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    I'm well on my way to a complete set. I got one in the pack that I opened. That means that I'm .015% done. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    I got one from the April game in 1947 (I think) where Babe Ruth gave a speech and from then on that day was declared Babe Ruth Day in baseball. As much as I hate the Yankees, this is gonna be a neat set to collect or just get the occasional card from.
    Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yes I want 100% graded PSA 10, anyone have a storage solution?
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yes I want 100% graded PSA 10, anyone have a storage solution? >>

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I just sold a lot of 23 for $55. I'm pretty happy about that.
    WTB:
    CINCINNATI REDS
    1976 - 1991 - Topps PSA 10
    1983 & 1985 Fleer PSA 10
    1985 Donruss PSA 10
    Blue Ink Signed Topps Cards
    Game-Used Bats/Jerseys
    OPC PSA 10
    MC & OC Cards

OTHER:
    Eric Davis Anything
    Votto, Willingham, Cantu, Doumit, Gomes
    Baron Davis Game Used Jersey
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried selling a bunch of these cards on ebay last night, and first they wouldn't let me post them as 3 day auctions (they had to be 5 or more days), and THEN after I had listed only four cards, they wouldn't let me list any more! They basically said this item was a risk of counterfeiting, and they limit the duration and quantity of these types of items. WTF??? Is it just because I had "Yankee Stadium" in the title?? I'm a Power Seller, so I have no idea why they wouldn't let me do this.
  • Options
    I have been debating on starting the set.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think one guy was able to complete it, I read that somewhere.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt store 'em in that freighter...pirates, you know would hold'em for ransom.

I've been selling the commons of these at $2 a piece and the stars for $3-$4 each. Probably could get more if I tried, but once the people who are making a slight effort to complete the set realize how much time and money it will take, I think the price will come down a little
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I sold a lot of 13 for $12.00 BIN the other day no problem.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I am trying to do the Arod HR set and that is a beast, I can't imagine doing this set. Someone already did if I remember right.

Kevin
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The guy who put the first set together actually is on a card in 2009 UD. Imagine pulling yourself out of a pack!

Kevin
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    its a pretty daunting set

i have seen a couple of people trying to put it together at my local show. i think they have about 2-3 k cards. they were talking about a buy back of the complete set for like $17,000 and that there was 1 one confirmed complete set already by someone.

i hate the yankees but its a cool set if you can complete it wiht out going crazy.

good luck to who ever attemps it
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started