Home Metal Detecting
Options

night hunt.......

mad max called me at 9:15pm and said lets do it....10 mins later i was in his drive honking the horn...c'mon lets go...we headed to my favorite local beach and started the hunt....slim pickins at first and i was starting to think that the couch might have been a better spot for my sorry butt when a low growl came through the headphones...could it be?...yes sir! a 10k Jobie with cz's....not big, but ain't she pretty.....time to start back for the truck...dum dee dum dee dum...whats that i hear , could it be?...nope! it sure looked good in the bottom of scoop, but when i held it in my hand for a closer look , i knew she wasn't the real McCoy...drat!...that titanium sure is some light stuff , pretty but light....a two ring night and my second titanium ring/band ...all is well in la la land....it's 2:12 am and i'm beat....good night and hh

"see ya at the beach"
imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    >>9:15pm <<

LOL...You got it bad image

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    LM and and I went out one time at 10:00 PM...didn't get back until after 1:00 AM...talk about"got it bad"...lol
  • Options
    i do most of my detecting at night, after the kids are in bed, and only if the worden gives me a pardon...hee hee hee....i like night hunting...no people, nice and cool, and very peaceful......and yes jerry, i got it bad, or good, either way it's ok with me....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>i do most of my detecting at night, after the kids are in bed... >>

I can relate! I got out a lot with demodigger last couple years and he knew the drill... "can't get out until after the kids are in bed!"

But, recently there have been times I could get out at night but I've just been too tired and not motivated!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LM and and I went out one time at 10:00 PM...didn't get back until after 1:00 AM...talk about"got it bad"...lol >>

And that was in near-total darkness, out in the boonies, in the middle of nowhere... I was glad for the company. I've done a lot of night hunting, but night relic hunting on out of the way rural sites is a bit extreme- that hunt in particular. But hey, it's cooler at night during our steamy summers, and I didn't hear Steve complaining when he plucked an 1848 large cent from right next to where I'd dug a beer can the night before!

Funny how many of my large cents and early coppers were found during night hunts.

A good headlamp is all you need, but a buddy is also nice to have along, particularly if you're in a more urban setting. While Steve's company out there in spooky, rural Boonieville was welcome indeed, I probably was in less danger from the wildcats (yes, I saw panther tracks out there!) than I would have been from the two-legged boogiemen in the urban spots I night-hunt in town.

As the original post here attests, night is a great time to go beach hunting, particularly when there's a nice fat moon. The visibility is good, the diggin's easy, and you usually have the place to yourself, which isn't the case with most beaches by day.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LM...you got mail...