Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GRADE OPINIONS.. grade popped!!

This is already slabbed... what do you think the grade is???

Comments

• Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I'll guess PSA 8, but you'll probably say PSA 5 because of something you can't see on the scan...

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I'd say 7 possibly and 8.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say 7
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    there is nothing wrong with the card.. no wrinkles or anything hidden...
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    7 based on centering and extremely minor tilt
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    cant call the '64s (i believe) that well, but i would say 7

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    PSA 6. chaz.

Should be an 8.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
  • Options
    PSA 7.5

PRO 9
  • Options
    this was graded a 7... wasnt sure based on the centering if it qualifies for 8..
    the corners sure are nice... I have seen cards centered like this in 8 holders...
    wasnt sure if I should crack or send in for review
  • Options
    Always hard to tell even if you have a great pic. What i can see is the top right and bottom left corner are touched more then average. Centering, colour etc falls in the 9-10 range but with the touches on these 2 corners worst case scenerio is a PSA 7. At best is a PSA 8.
    Without having the card infront of you it's hard to say exactly. But if no hidden flaws i would be leaning on the 7.5 to PSA 8.
    What is it ?
    Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    I'm very confident that it would be a PSA 7.5, maybe you should resub, if you care about the .5 bump anyways. I could be wrong, but it sure looks better than a 7.

Giovanni
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower left corner downgrades it to a 7. Top to bottom centering prevents it from being a 7.5 (high end 7). I think it is in the correct holder based on the scan.
  • Options
    I gurantee that if you crack and submit it 5 times, it will come back an 8 at least once.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The lower left corner on the back looks like it's got a ding, crimp, or whatever. That could be the thing that's holding it down.

Get the card centered in the holder better, scan it with a dark background, and put a huge pic up on Ebay. You'll get better than PSA 7 money.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee's guarantee and $2.00 will get you on any subway train in N.Y.C.
  • Options
    At the very least with the enlarged scans, it is a PSA-8, you just have to resubit it so PSA can get the double fees as is almost the case.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Agree with the BLC keeping it where it is. I would have no problem with it in a 6 holder either.

6 or 7, with 7 being the best it can garner.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I gurantee that if you crack and submit it 5 times, it will come back an 8 at least once."

true dat!

but it might come back a 6....
    or a 7.5...
  • Options
    That is because if you have 5 different people look at it (just like here) you will get more then one appraisal

Unless the card is all there, the difference between a 6 and an 8 is marginal.

That is why people keep submitting until they get the card in the highest possible holder.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking at first it was an easy 8. I must say, that is one hell of a 7 ya got there. And I thought I was a picky grader... image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Unless the lower left has stock loss or chipping, I disagree that should keep the card out of an 8 holder. But based on what PSA has been doing lately, not surprised at all it came back a 7.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    The bottom right edge and the entire right edge has chipping.

Add that to the bottom left corner which appears soft.

The slight Tilt.

Sour-grapes aside I feel that it is graded properly.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    there are no corner dings or paper loss, nice corners.. there is some chipping but more due
    to a rough cut then handling... the edges are significanly nicer then the pic of the 71 8.5
    remember the scan is an extremely large and close pic.. does not look so dramatic in the holder...
    I think it is an 8.. my only thought was maybe the centering but felt it was good enough seeing past 8's
  • Options
    came back as an 8!!! yeah baby!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Lee's guarantee and $2.00 will get you on any subway train in N.Y.C.

Nam- now shut your piehole. Or cakehole, depending on whether you prefer to eat cake or pie.
  • Options
    Very nice.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    OverratedOverrated Posts: 454 ✭✭
    I will give it a 9.