Home U.S. Coin Forum

A good price for a Kennedy Half..

These coins keep going higher and higher....for a decent grade...
Heritage Link
......Larry........image

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    That's stupid money for that coin. There are a couple other early dates listed that are also selling/sold for stupid money.

Russ, NCNE
  • Wow. Bought an 65 and 67 SMS MS67CAM a couple of months ago for about $430 on the BST board. Starting to look like I made a good decision.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. Bought an 65 and 67 SMS MS67CAM a couple of months ago for about $430 on the BST board. Starting to look like I made a good decision. >>

Only if that Heritage buyer and bidders are bidding again.

There's lots of silly money laying around out there which does not necessarily indicate a price increase.

Look at this. (PCGS Price guide = $295)

and this. (PCGS Price guide = $315)

The buyer did not get a bargain on either one of these.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These coins keep going higher and higher....for a decent grade...
    Heritage Link >>

Doesn't look like a pq coin either.

• << <i>
    Doesn't look like a pq coin either. >>

These are not ...Proof..coins.These 1965 coins are hard to come by in the SMS set in decent condition of the higher grades as 67 or 68 with a cam or DCam designation.They were not struck as a Proof coins...
    ......Larry........image

• << <i>

<< <i>

These are not ...Proof..coins.These 1965 coins are hard to come by in the SMS set in decent condition of the higher grades as 67 or 68 with a cam or DCam designation.They were not struck as a Proof coins... >>

I don't think that pq means proof...
    If I was half as smart as I am dumb Iwould be a genious

<< <i><<

These are not ...Proof..coins.These 1965 coins are hard to come by in the SMS set in decent condition of the higher grades as 67 or 68 with a cam or DCam designation.They were not struck as a Proof coins... >>

Stephunter is correct in his assessment of that coin. He's also an expert on these.

Russ, NCNE

• BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    That particular coin is not even that attractive. The registry craze strikes again.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's stupid money for that coin. >>

I agree it is more than double of what I paid for mine and I got it from another expert in this series.image

• I took ..pq.. as to what it meant as ..Proof Quality..and more likely these coins are becoming harder to find.It may be stupid money but collectors are shelling out bigger bucks for far lesser desired coins...
    ......Larry........image

<< <i>I took ..pq.. as to what it meant as ..Proof Quality >>

Premium Quality.

Russ, NCNE
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It may be stupid money but collectors are shelling out bigger bucks for far lesser desired coins... >>

Ultimately, stupid money is borne out as exactly what it is. And someone else who was smarter or luckier will have the money, and the stupid person who used to have it will instead have something worth about a tenth what he paid for it.

Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!

• << <i>

<< <i>I took ..pq.. as to what it meant as ..Proof Quality >>

Premium Quality.

Russ, NCNE >>

My err.....image
    ......Larry........image
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid money is spent on this series more than I care to think about image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights