Home Metal Detecting

Used detectors

Hi,
I hate to advertise here as I normally don't post in this category but I have a couple items I am trying to sell and this is the best spot to post it. I have a couple used detectors I am trying to sell to make room for another I'm buying next week. Please pardon the intrusion. If you have any question about the detectors please email me at dmuse4@juno.com I only accept money orders for payment. I'll list them below.
Thanks, Dave "Moose" Muse

Garrett GTAx 500 - in great shape except it has a crack in the coil I sealed with silicon. Asking $200
Fisher 1266x - Well used but still works great. Replaced coil about one year ago. Will include the 10" elliptical coil with it for $175
Garrett Hothead coil for the Garrett Freedom series. Bought for a Freedom Three. Asking $30 which includes postage.

*Postage is not added to the price of the detectors. Postage is $20 each detector

Comments

• ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    We now have a BST thread. Here is the Link. You might get more responses there, who knows.... How old is the garrett and does it still function correctly? Also, any pics?
    Todd
  • Hi,
    The Garrett was bought in 1994. I haven't used it a whole lot becuase I usually relic hunt (that's why the Fisher 1266x is well used). I recently started coin hunting again with the GTAx 500 and in the last three hunts have dug three mercury dimes and two gold pieces of jewelry. I have four detectors and I'm fixing to buy another. I'm hoping by selling two my wife won't blow her stack about another detector purchase. The Garrett has a crack on the coil from hitting something, I think I should have bought a coil cover. I tried giving these detectors to my grown kids but they show no interest in detecting.
    Thanks, Moose
  • Both detectors are sold. Thanks.
    Moose
  • pm me please
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.