Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT Wrigley Field

Going to Chicago for our family Vacation this summer and just purchased 6 tickets in the bleacher seats. Any advice on how early to get to the game to get the best possible seats? Also the game we are going to is the interleague and in this case intercity game between the Sox and Cubs on June 20th. Thanks!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they
wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're
going to feel all day. "
~Frank Sinatra

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting it's still going to be 7-8am. Or, you can do like we did, bribe one of the security guards to let you in about 30 seconds early! Then run like.......you get the point! It's every man woman and child for themselves at that point!
    Good luck and goooo Cubbies!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    you arent gonna bribe anyone.. they open the gate 1.5 hrs before the game...
    get there about 2 hrs before wait in line.. you will be fine.. it isnt a free for all..
    I go for batting practice all the time.. thats is what I do and I get in the front row

for the sox game.. you my want to get there 3-4 hrs early..
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cubs tix go on sale this Friday (in case you want to pick up another game). I agree on the 2 hours for choice of bleacher seats.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Wrigley is a great place to spend a Friday afternoon...and the Cubs/Sox games are interesting to say the least...very live crowd for regular season baseball. There is a lot of animosity between fans...throw in the alcohol and you'll get plenty of good entertainment.
  • Options
    Sounds fun. We promised the kids a game at Wrigley and I forgot to check their home schedule before we booked the dates. In the time we are there this is the only game we could go to. Will be fun for them as they have never seen a game outside. Should be an interesting day
    going to feel all day. "
    ~Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Get ready for an experience. I've been to two Cubs/Sox games at Wrigley and it's nuts, especially in the bleachers. How old are the kids?
  • Options
    Two twelve year olds and a seven and a 6 year old. Am guessing they will be in for a well rounded education.
    going to feel all day. "
    ~Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Brian

That sounds great! I've never been to a game in Chicago.

I went to Columbia in NYC and was a Yankee bleacher bum - I liked getting there early for batting practice.

Please - if ya get the chance - next summer - a few pics would be nice.
    Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Two twelve year olds and a seven and a 6 year old. Am guessing they will be in for a well rounded education. >>

Different people have different philosophies on the subject, but you can probably figure out what I was getting at.

Have you ever been to Chicago? On my last trip I was able to stay for a few days and got to see a few different places. I'd put Millennium Park at the top of the list. The place is amazing. I'd go back to Chicago just to sit at the fountains there. If you've never been I can offer a few other suggestions. Have you made room reservations yet?
  • Options
    Stone - am sure there will be plenty of pictures and will post. Heading to Yankee stadium is in our future plans. That trip will probably be without kids and I can't wait!
    going to feel all day. "
    ~Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I have been to dozens of cubs games over the years but have never sat in the bleachers. The Cubs/Sox dislike will be enjoyable to watch.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian, so, how was the Wrigley experience??? It was a great weekend for us Cub fans... not going as well on the other side of town this weekend! I'm curious how early you got there to get in line? The wife and I just paid stupid money for 2 bleacher seats for 7/12 against the Giants and we'll be driving up the night before. It's been 20 years since I've been and really can't wait to get there. We're going to stay somewhere on the Magnificent Mile or the Water Tower area and figured we'd just cab it out to the park. Let me know what you thought!

Thanks!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Brian, so, how was the Wrigley experience??? It was a great weekend for us Cub fans... not going as well on the other side of town this weekend! I'm curious how early you got there to get in line? The wife and I just paid stupid money for 2 bleacher seats for 7/12 against the Giants and we'll be driving up the night before. It's been 20 years since I've been and really can't wait to get there. We're going to stay somewhere on the Magnificent Mile or the Water Tower area and figured we'd just cab it out to the park. Let me know what you thought!

Thanks! >>

You may want to consider taking the (red line) train too. Alot cheaper than a cab. There is a subway on State street and it will take you right to Addison.