Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Emmitt, Gretzky, Ryan, Shaq and MJ...Anybody have any info on this thing?

I picked up this neat card on ebay last week. The seller had it listed as a "1994 Classic Proline UNCUT SHEET". I'm not too sure if it's the right name but it is neat item to say the least. Anyone know anything about this issue?

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt

I've never seen it before - is the Jordan the equivalent of the other 4 cards in size?

Are those standard card sizes? Interesting that they chose B&W - very nice item that any of the special collectors would want.

It would be cool to have Emmitt sign it also!

God knows - ya can never have enough Emmitt autos! image

Nice pickup - thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a poster, and Jordan is on the reverse.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit. The front is made up of 4 standard sized cards in black and white. The reverse is the full size MJ in color. Pretty cool!

I hope PSA can slab it with a grade so I can put it in my set. The only thing that has me worried is there is no "writing" or anythng stating exactly what it is.

That is a good idea Mike about having it auto'd. If PSA can't grade it, that would be cool to get all the players to auto it.
    Bump to see if any of the new guys know anything about this.

Appreciate any help in advance!

• << <i>Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit. The front is made up of 4 standard sized cards in black and white. The reverse is the full size MJ in color. Pretty cool!

I hope PSA can slab it with a grade so I can put it in my set. The only thing that has me worried is there is no "writing" or anythng stating exactly what it is.

That is a good idea Mike about having it auto'd. If PSA can't grade it, that would be cool to get all the players to auto it. >>

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but how exactly do you expect to go about having all five players sign this unknown card? If you have connections I would like to get autographs from all 5 as well.image
  • Well... the Ryan would be easy... just send to his foundation and include the appropriate donation fee...
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase

• << <i>Well... the Ryan would be easy... just send to his foundation and include the appropriate donation fee... >>

How about Shaq, Gretzky, and Jordan?

<< <i>

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but how exactly do you expect to go about having all five players sign this unknown card? If you have connections I would like to get autographs from all 5 as well.image >>

J, that's not my first priority anyway. I would like to find out any info on this thing first. If I do, I would have PSA grade it so I could add it to my set.

If that is not possible, getting it auto'd by any of the players couldn't be that hard could it? I mean they are all still breathing right?
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but how exactly do you expect to go about having all five players sign this unknown card? If you have connections I would like to get autographs from all 5 as well.image >>

J, that's not my first priority anyway. I would like to find out any info on this thing first. If I do, I would have PSA grade it so I could add it to my set.

If that is not possible, getting it auto'd by any of the players couldn't be that hard could it? I mean they are all still breathing right? >>

The Ryan you can get from his foundation or in person. Ryan is easy. Jordan you can get by having your child attend his basketball camps and it will come UDA authenticated as well. Not hard, just expensive, tuition for the camp and travel if you live far away, Shaq will sign at certain times in public if you live in an area where he is at, I would think Emmitt could be gotten from his father's shop, and when he was in Dallas, he was quite a willing signer doing charitable things at Christmas so I imagine he probably still does those things, Wayne Gretzky would probably be your hardest one.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    cool card by the way, looks like a fun project to start that could take you a few years. Best of luck!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs