Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cards for Kids - for those who remember -

Hey guys... I haven't really posted much in the past couple of years... I am still collecting...
anyway... I wanted to do a follow up on the "Cards for Kids" thing I did 3-4 years ago...

Many of you sent me thousands and thousands of cards that I could use to start a "collecting club" in the elementary school where I worked... The purpose of the club was to bring students with disabilities togther with general ed students in a extra-curricular - inclusion activity.

Less than 6 months into the club's existience, I blew my back out horribly... I missed a lot of work and I medicated myself quite heavily up to the day I got surgery (a year and a half later).
I did post follow ups and extended thank you ets's...

But I am sure that I left some of you hanging and didn't not thank you enough.

The club existed for 2-3 years while I was at that school. The cards were a super tool for promoting inclusion. It got many boys interested in collecting.

Just the other day I ran into one of these kids... he's in high school now... he still collects!
His mom was dying of brain cancer at that time, and he remembers the cards being a great thing for him at that time in his life.
He is also friends with the student who is disabled - and was his buddy for two more years for special olympics.

anyway... I was reminded of this club that we did and I wanted to thank you for your generosity... and assure you that your donation of cards and shipping fees and TIME did make a difference.

I teach High School now. My back is a bit better - better enough to coach lacrosse and soccer at the varsity level.

-Geoff Ott -
Wilmington, DE

Comments