Comments

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!!!
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    nice!!!
    EBAY ID chadfromlawson

PCGS Buy/Sell references: Oreol, bsb, datentype, rcmlgm89, ajia, bootleg3, MS67Plus, cointime, lincolnsrule, Quarter guy, hockeyfan09, ZKcoins, Grandam, FullstepsJeff, tmcsr69, nutz4coinz, harvey85422458, LindeDad, Dan50, drddm, kklambo
    USAF Active Duty since 02'
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    That is a great looking coin!

Thanks for sharing - image
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2/0 No Kidding!!!!!
    Excellent!

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stunning! Who says Clad cant be beautiful?
  • Options
    Incredible specimen. Never seen one that nice. Do you know how it compares to the other 68?
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a fantastic looking coin.

Years ago while visiting relatives in So. Cal. I stopped by a local B&M shop and looked through SMS sets. A 1965 set had a quarter very similar to the one pictured in this post. I bought the set for bid, took it home and removed the quarter. The obverse of the quarter I picked up has obverse frost and mirrors like the obverse in the pictured coin [though on my coin the die polishing mark to the right of Washington is much less noticeable than on the pictured coin]. The reverse of the coin I picked up has reverse frost not quite as heavy as the frost on the pictured coin and has mirrors like the pictured coin.

In short, I was incredibly lucky to snag a 1965 SMS quarter very similar in appearance to the pictured coin. It is one of my favorite coins and one day I will have it slabbed.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a simply incredible coin. I was collecting back in 1965 and there was no publicity or reports of any such stunning coins. I expect that is because of the immense rarity of coins of that quality. It is truly amazing!
    Mark

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OPs, that is an AMAZING coin. Plus, a pop 2 coin!!! I love it!!!!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    It is even nicer in hand. I've searched thousands of 1965 SMS sets and have never seen an example that was even close.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful Washie. image

Congrats on the addition to your set.

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Holy sh@@! Amazing Washie!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Is there a word bigger than wow without cussing? Shoot that is great.