Home PSA Set Registry Forum

What is Going on with 1961 Baseball

I have a complete 61 graded set. I have a handful of nines, four sevens, and the rest in eight. The value in VCP has been running $23,000-$24,000. Almost overnight the value has jumped to more than $29,000. I noticed that a couple of nothing commons went for $100+. Is there a story behind this?

Comments

• alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    market has been up three sessions in row!!!! enjoy the rideimage
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to make an offer on my complete pirates team set, WS cards and AS cards? Only 7's are Gibbon and Stuart.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    It's about time it went up. Set is pretty undervalued in my opinion. I did about 40% of the set and since then I've been trying to accumulate the high numbers before moving on. Takes time and $$, but the rest of the set will be a breeze once they're finished.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Was VPC missing some low pop commons for sales data? A set I was looking at jumped $2K when a card was sold for the first time in a certain grade.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a complete set that was recently broken up on eBay but it had a fair amount of 9s with the rest 8s. Is the price your seeing for a strict PSA 8 set? I didn't track the final cummulative value of the set that was broken up.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I would like to know what the price was, but I am too lazy to compute it.
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    It looks like a complete entirely psa 8 graded set was listed on the 20 cent day. It looks a bit over priced, but for 20 cents I guess the seller is fishing. He also stated some cards including the mantle all-star look to be 8.5's.