Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New Pickup, Unique Autographed Lineup Card...PUJOLS 1st MLB GAME

This is Pujols' 1st Professional Game, spring training , 3/2/01......Autographed by the Manager Tony Larussa....

the number in ( ) is the innng the player entered the game....

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I though it was interesting, not as interesting as the Jgarci thread being bumped though image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - calm down Beavis - ya gotta give people a chance to wake up! image

Scott - that's an incredible piece! Where did you pick it up?

I don't know anything about lineup cards - is there a difference between this and the official starting lineup that they give the ump in the beginning of the game?

I'm thinking the SLU/batting order that they give the ump only has the team of the presenting manager on it?

Like this:

I think that is way too cool - and thanx for sharing!
    mike
    Mike
  • the OP was days ago, it gets buried so fast with all the BS threads these days....

some lineups are meant for the umpire, others are taped to the wall dugout to use in game by the manager, and that was the piece i have....
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!!! That is really cool. image
  • That is pretty neat...that'd look great in the HOF one day. Who did they play that day? Looks like the O's.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the OP was days ago, it gets buried so fast with all the BS threads these days....

some lineups are meant for the umpire, others are taped to the wall dugout to use in game by the manager, and that was the piece i have.... >>

Ah - I see - it was yesterday - and it musta got buried - I didn't see it - sorry about that.

But, that's the way it goes on forums I guess.

And, I can't argue with you - the amount of threads that some may find uninteresting may seem cumbersome but that's what the current audience prefers.

I've been here for 4 yrs - things run in cycles - don't get frustrated.

But, memorabilia has never gotten a lot of attention when posted from my experience unless it's worth like a skillion bucks or something.

Sports cards reign supreme here I would say.

Thanx on the info - that's what I thought on the SLU vs the working SLU that has the opposing team on it also.

Very nice piece - one more time!
    mike
    Mike
  • That's an awesome piece! Congrats.

Here's my lineup card. I got it after a Braves Spring Training game that I was at for my 10th birthday. Andruw and Chipper didn't make the trip so their names aren't on there. However, some of the other guys are: Marcus Giles, Brian Jordan, Javy Lopez, and Smoltz pitched. Sorry for the size of the picture.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    that is a great piece especially for a pujols fan

will look very cool outlined in red and white
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• thanks guys!

goot, nice lineup card too, was the manager COX in the dugout that day, boy is he sloppy! Tony Larussa shows his "analness" with his penmanship and neatness.....maybe before his drinking days---OUCH

im thinking about sending this in to PSA/DNA--any suggestions?
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    too bad it's only a ST game; send it in to PSA for what reason?...a common autograph like LaRussa?

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Nice lineup cards guys! I think these things are undervalued, considering each is one of a kind. Where did you guys pick yours up at? Pujols first game lineup card is a super sweet find, especially for a Pujols fan. May I ask how much you paid?

Last year I was at Fenway for a game and bought a game used baseball. I came home and did some research on it, found out what game it was from and was able to score the lineup card from the same game on my next trip there. Papelbon won the game that day and I was able to get him to sign the ball for me. Now I just need to frame them both together.

Cool items like this do tend to get overlooked around here, but rest assured there are guys like me who LOVE seeing items like these. I can see a thousand of the same card, but memorbilia like this is what I really enjoy seeing and collecting.

Thanks for sharing. image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I would not call it his first professional game, as he had been playing professional baseball since 1999....and clearly not his first MLB game, since Spring training is just warm-up time.

All that said, I'm glad you are happy with your acquisitions. Lineup cards are unique items on an individual basis...not hard to get if there are particular players you are looking for. It is neat that you added one to your collection.

Congrats.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • i have a huge collection of minor lg signed line up cards. i have a peroria cheifs signed jose albert pujols plus 9 other players on the team.
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• would love to see a scan of the minor league linuep card.....
  • fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    minorleaguesource, you got a scan of that card?