Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

***OFFICIAL FANTASY BASEBALL LEAGUE THREAD***

I've created a board league on yahoo. Simple format, head-to-head, 12 teams total, live draft.

League ID# is 75240. Password is "cards".

The league homepage is Point Five Grading

I set a tentative live draft date of Thursday, March 20, at 9:00 p.m. If that's a conflict, let me know and we can change around times. I figure that one would work for most people, but I can change if need be.

I prefer live draft over autopick, because we can all pick who we actually want rather than a computer picking off a random list.

Please only join the league if you're serious about it and will keep up with it on a regular basis.

If you're wondering why I put the max number of weekly transactions at 3, it's to keep people from constantly trading in and out starting pitchers.

Alrighty....let's play ball!!!
Atlanta Braves, Charlotte Hornets, Shawn Kemp, Dale Murphy, and Bobby Engram.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and also, if you wouldn't mind using your screenname on here as your team name. That way we can sort of have a general idea of who we're playing week in and week out.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, and also, if you wouldn't mind using your screenname on here as your team name. That way we can sort of have a general idea of who we're playing week in and week out. >>

I'm in...I guess I have to change my name from 'The Kuntz Killers' to my screen name!
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've never done a fantasy team, so I'm fairly interested, the link isn't doing it for me though.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I am in..

Are we gonna set up some prize structure.

The draft day and time is showing at 8PM not 9. 9PM Central would be better for me.
  • Options
    the link isnt working for me either>?
  • Options
    I had to go in through the Yahoo homepage
  • Options
    thanks leia!
    all set. registered.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm in.
  • Options
    Sorry didn't realize the link was screwy...

• Options
    all signed up 7 ready to go!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    Yahooo! Fantasy Baseball

Use this link to get to the Yahoo! Fantasy baseball home page and then use the league ID & password listed in the first post
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    6 spots left!!! Is 12 enough teams, or should I add more?
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    i'm in. good luck everyone!
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I will take the challenge!
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Signed up for the league.

12 teams is enough, though if there is enough interest add a couple more.

We should establish some sort of prize structure for the winner before the season starts.

Any thoughts on making it a keeper league going forward?

• Options
    12 is a good number.
    if there is enough interest we can start another league!
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I just signed up. I hope I do better than the A's

Joe
  • Options
    I'm in!!! All signed up. This is my first year of fantasy baseball, so be gentle. image
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    I am in (even though I said I never would againimage)

Good set up with the two DL spots!!!
  • Options
    Seth(colebear) - glad to see you joined. Hopefully I can beat you this year!
  • Options

<< <i>Seth(colebear) - glad to see you joined. Hopefully I can beat you this year! >>

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it. Last year was fun...in one PSA league I barely finished ahead of you and in another Morgoth barely beat me!!! So for those of you who have not played before, it can be great fun.

I am going into this season with lots of hope and a fresh slate!!! good luck everyone

• Options
    BUMP....we need ONE more team!!!
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    so were all set now? got a full roster of teams>?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    opps guess I missed the cut off date sorry guys
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    We can extend to 14 teams if need be.
  • Options
    What do you guys think about the winner receiving a card valued somewhere from $10-25 from each of the league participants?
  • Options

<< <i>What do you guys think about the winner receiving a card valued somewhere from $10-25 from each of the league participants? >>

I would like to play for prizes as well. I don't mind chipping in up to $100.00 of cash or prizes if everyone else will.

Mike
  • Options
    14 teams is brutal for drafting and quality of players.

if there is that much interest, maybe we could organize a 2nd league?
  • Options
    The 14 teams though is brutal for player selection, but is having a worse player selection totally a bad thing??
  • Options
    Anyone needing the draft date changed? If so, let me know ASAP.

Came across an interesting article from ESPN's Matthew Berry. Pretty informative....

Fantasy Baseball
  • Options
    I sent you a PM about a week ago stating that I could not be there for a Thurs. night. Are we able to change it to any other night? Thanks
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I can't swing $100 so cards work better for me. The winner can pick his favorite set/player/team/decade.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>I sent you a PM about a week ago stating that I could not be there for a Thurs. night. Are we able to change it to any other night? Thanks >>

I changed the draft date to Sunday, March 23 at 9:30 PM (Eastern time). Is that good for everyone???
  • Options
    That works for me, how long does the draft typically take?

Mike

<< <i>

<< <i>I sent you a PM about a week ago stating that I could not be there for a Thurs. night. Are we able to change it to any other night? Thanks >>

I changed the draft date to Sunday, March 23 at 9:30 PM (Eastern time). Is that good for everyone??? >>

• Options

<< <i>That works for me, how long does the draft typically take?

Mike

<< <i>

I changed the draft date to Sunday, March 23 at 9:30 PM (Eastern time). Is that good for everyone??? >>

>>

I'm not sure how long a baseball one takes. I did a live football one last year (offline) and it took 4 hours. I'd say an online baseball one would be around 2 hours perhaps? But also I believe yahoo times each pick, so you only get 3 minutes I think.
  • Options

<< <i>

That works great for me. Thanks for changing it.
  • Options
    What are we thinking regarding prizes? $20 per person worth in winner's fave player/team/set???
  • Options
    Also, for those of you that have never played, ESPN has a live draft lobby where you can participate in a mock draft. Pretty neat thing to do if you're not used to doing it. Go to espn.com then click on fantasy baseball and look on the right column.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone!!!! Season starts TOMORROW MORNING!
  • Options
    Why is everyone getting further and further behind me??
  • Options
    Because I suck at this and have just started getting a hang of the deal.

Edited to add: You get to clean house with me this week.
  • Options
    BUMPED
    because it almost playoff time and I clinched a spot!

woohoo!
  • Options
    What do i search under the yahoo home page?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    trying to join the league Tvac?
    Collector's Universe (ID# 75240)
  • Options

<< <i>BUMPED
    because it almost playoff time and I clinched a spot!

woohoo! >>

Yeah, thanks for completely destroying me this week! I was tied for first and now I'm 10 games back of you : (

I'm really hoping to get back into the top 2 to get the first week bye in the playoffs.
  • Options
    How many teams make the playoffs? I'm currently in 8th, but I narrow the margin of games every week it seems. Is it top 8 in playoffs? It's been a long run but once I finally figured out some things, I'm almost back to .500.

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>How many teams make the playoffs? I'm currently in 8th, but I narrow the margin of games every week it seems. Is it top 8 in playoffs? It's been a long run but once I finally figured out some things, I'm almost back to .500.

Mike >>

Top 6 make the playoffs. There's only 2 more weeks left so you'll need to make a push to get that final spot.
  • Options
    most leagues are top 6, unless this one is funky lol.

p.s. did we ever determine prizes??