Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

new flips YAY

now my cards will sell for more, since they have not been reviewed..

wait can we tell if they have been reviewed?

Comments

• Options
    another bad move by PSA now everyone will only want the new label slabbed PSA cards thinking the older ones are junk and not graded correctly . THanks a bunch, heck I feel like I am married again come on honey just kick me as hard as you can in nuts, then have ur stinking lawyer take half of what I own, what's that will I marry you again sure that way you can the other half of what's left.
    Bah humbug Drunk and self medicated again. PS: I have a bridge I need to sell pls make offers.

Oh I apoligise I forgot PSA is a business and the bottom line is to the stock holders , now I understand and feel alot better! NOT NOT
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <feel am married again come on honey just kick me as hard as you can in nuts, then have ur stinking lawyer take half of what I own, what's that will I marry you again sure that way you can the other half of what's left.>

i know that feeling mike, my 1st was mean man, she bounched a beer can off my head one time, i never hit her though,got only knows i wanted too,witha griswold iron skillettimage
  • Options
    ah Rube.
    thank you for another priceless rubism!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>another bad move by PSA now everyone will only want the new label slabbed PSA cards thinking the older ones are junk and not graded correctly . >>

Actually, I figure that people will pay up for cards in the old-flips, looking for bump-potential.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ah Rube.
    thank you for another priceless rubism!

true story though lol- she was hot, but she was mean,shes the one that looks likea bowling pin now that ran off with my uncle-great guyimageglad he got stuck with her
    this place needs more rubeisms-lifes too short-im a wealth ofuseless knowledge-cant ya tell

• Options

<< <i><feel am married again come on honey just kick me as hard as you can in nuts, then have ur stinking lawyer take half of what I own, what's that will I marry you again sure that way you can the other half of what's left.>

i know that feeling mike, my 1st was mean man, she bounched a beer can off my head one time, i never hit her though,got only knows i wanted too,witha griswold iron skillettimage >>

rube, lucky for me I seen the iron skillet coming and ducked, and then I ran to the bedroom and made sure I unloaded all the guns and took the ammo with me, didn't want to be ducking bullets when I got home from work that day.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>another bad move by PSA now everyone will only want the new label slabbed PSA cards thinking the older ones are junk and not graded correctly . >>

Actually, I figure that people will pay up for cards in the old-flips, looking for bump-potential. >>

I sure hope you are right , but I fear they may look at the old flips like a lot of collectors didn't want to buy any of the old PSA flips with the PSA # starting with zero, oh well time will tell.
  • Options
    Good news! This should make many people happy.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    Here in late 2009, do collectors prefer the old flips or the new flips and why?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Good question.

When buying 9s I prefer the new flips (and so should everyone else IMO), because it indicates that not only is that 9 better than an 8, but it's also better than an 8.5 under the newer system. A lot of old 9 flips would be 8.5s if regraded.

Some may prefer the old flips on 8s and lower because of bump potential.

I will say (and this is only my opinion), that grading across the board is stricter under the .5 system. I've graded hundreds of cards since the change, and I've compared many new flips to older ones. So while the old flips seem like better review candidates, I'm not sure this is true.

Granted, I mostly have 70's stuff so I cannot speak to modern cards or pre-70.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    To me the point 5 thing has done nothing for the hobby. It's too late in the game.. period. It's been a resub nightmare for many people. PSA has had 1 special involving specifically reviews. That's it. Full tier price to review a card that is already graded by them.image
  • Options
    Whatever flip you are trying to sell I think the other is worth more.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I agree that reviews should carry a lower sub fee, especially since such a low % are actually bumped and put into new slabs.