Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A GUIDE BOOK OF LINCOLN CENTS ON HIS BIRTHDAY

On Abraham Lincoln's birthday I thought it appropriate to again remind Lincoln cent collectors and PCGS Set Registry collectors that the new Whitman book is available and well worth the read. It has over 300 pages of great material. For those who like information on Matte proofs from 1909 to 1916 check out pages 65 thru 72. Then check out details about each year's Mattes on pages 131 thru 151. All years from 1909 thru 2007 are covered in great detail and the information that Dave Bowers departs is really great. As an owner and reader of just about every Lincoln cent book published since 1980 I can honestly say this is the best one, even better than Dave Lange's 1996 book. It is right up to date with the hobby. I know this sounds like a shill for Whitman publishing, but if you are a collector of Lincoln cents you MUST get this book. Only about $20 and well worth it for the read and for future reference. JMHO. Steveimage

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Got my free copy from the publisher for image contributions to this book. Don't think any were used though. My name, as well as other forum members, are in the forward. image I agree it's a "must have" for Lincoln Cent collectors!!