Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Looks like the 8.5's are on the market!

Just saw this one on eBay ...

collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for all the 1/1 descriptions.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    That is a horrible looking 8.5......Looks like a 7 to me..

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I think the flip was misprinted. Should've read 7.5.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    My Ditka looks like a 9 compared to that....!!!

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    THAT card got the bump??? I see more white on the borders than at a (insert inappropriate joke here)....
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    that card is a screamer - except for that missing chunk on the left edge.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

JMO, but this missing chunk makes it a 7 in my book
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it wasn't sent in for review. Maybe it was just sent in raw and received an 8.5 grade. Not saying I agree with the grade, just giving a hypothetical.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Nothing like a potential misgrade right out of the gate...that card blows IMO.
  • Options
    Wow,
    8.5 + my A$s, I've sent in cards with Black Borders that looked better than that one, come back as EX-MT 6's or NM 7 at best.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    AMAZING! So that's what Ive been doing wrong. I keep sending my nicest cards trying to get top grades.

When all along I should have been sending junkers. Some registry set label buyer will probably buy it.
  • Options
    Hey Ron Burgundy, After seeing that chunk missing on the border of that card (and it getting a 8.5!!!!) doesnt it make you want to scream even more after seeing what your cards graded????
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe 5.8

George's look about says it all.
  • Options
    Same old PSA, Dealer sends that card in and bingo, member or collector sends same card in maybe a 6. Buy the card not the holder.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what the card's story is, and I don't really subscribe to that point of view, but let's just say I would be pretty disappointed for that to be my first 8.5
  • Options
    That card doesn't even look like a 8 to me. Makes me ponder the best strategy for submitting. Maybe they will upgrade only a certain percentage of cards from a given submission regardless of the quality of the cards submitted. And similarly, maybe they will upgrade a percentage even if they are not worthy. This system seems so loaded with potential for "buying a grade" or favoritism, or whatever else you can imagine it's enough to make you puke...
    Completed 12 bb & fb sets during 1956-61 from nickel packs...
  • Options
    Most definitely a sad example for the grade. I wonder if that was a raw submission or a review. Is PSA mainly bumping on centering? I would like to see how other members are doing with their submission, both raw and reviews. I'm holding off on any submissions until I see how others are doing with their subs.

Peter
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    carew,

i like that.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    This should have been downgraded, NOT get a bump up
    Someone missed this Twice !!
  • Options
    an 8.5 grade on that card must be some sort of a prank, how can that be? That is AT MOST a 7.
  • Options
    Didn't the post by Joe Orlando say that there would be a new label format - with the grade number below the grade description? It doesn't seem like that new label is being used yet. The Foster card that you posted, as well as other 8.5's I've seen on eBay, all have the same format as before.
    John G
  • Options

<< <i>image

JMO, but this missing chunk makes it a 7 in my book >>

who is james taylor? singer? image
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    New label is for cards graded after the 2/1 switchover....any reviews won't get the new holder. However, I'm not sure when they are starting the changeover. I don't remember seeing a date in that post.