Home Metal Detecting

Metal Detecting in Ireland

Has anyone ever done any metal detecting in Ireland or know of any laws that prohibit it?
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Our very own Zot in Finland has done some minor digging there. I believe I recall him saying that the MD laws there are brutal.

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Zot had a brief sojourn on the Emerald Isle. He didn't get anything super old, as I recall, but it was not a long visit, either.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's no good. image
    It's prohibited in the whole country. Permit required (and I don't think it's easy to obtain one)

I dug a bit, mainly in dirt from road works that was going to waste anyway, avoiding anything that could be old like the plague... and quite successfully too (hmph).
    I wouldn't recommend bringing a detector there.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • sounds like it may be a better idea to bring the golf clubs instead of the detector.....either way you'll be a swinging....fore!....hg
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Coinguy, I think you need another team msacot in your sig.........image

• << <i>Coinguy, I think you need another team msacot in your sig.........image >>

He has the 2 most important ones, Pats and the Sox !
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • I have to rep all my teams lol.
  • oh the pats....arrrrrrgh.....i have to listen to the miami fans for the rest of my life...double arrrrrrrrrrgh!.....oh well.....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Rep???? More like you have to be on the bandwagon!! image Not many seats left on some of those bandwagons...
    Todd
  • No way, I've been a fan all my life through the good and bad times. If I was bandwagon I don't think I would have Notre Dame in there.