Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1909VDB matte on Coin Forum NOW-sell at EBAY TONITE

Check out the Coin Forum for the post on this coin. It is at $95 with an hour to go. Maybe someone here wants to "take a shot". Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that was pathetic
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    When I happened to read the OP thread on the Coin Forum my initial thoughts were there are a lot of people here who would like the opportunity to aquire the 1909VDB Matte proof. Most of them have stated that they will never have such an opportunity because the price has gotten beyond their means. With only an hour left in the auction I thought it might be nice to alert anyone who happened to be here who had an interest that they could check it out. I knew the chance of this being the real thing was slim to none but the hunt goes on. I think the seller was honest in his description. The guy who sniped the coin at the last second will get it home, look for the diagnostics, and prey that he won the lottery. That is what makes this hobby so much fun. Steveimage
  • Options
    I agree Steve. I really look at every 09vdb much more carefully now.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was pathetic. too bad for that one fellow who bid and bid.....then got sniped. Bet he smashed his keyboard.......
  • Options

<< <i>It was pathetic. too bad for that one fellow who bid and bid.....then got sniped. Bet he smashed his keyboard....... >>

Didn't he handle it wrong? Assuming he REALLY wanted the coin and was continually bidding it up, why didn't he place his top bid a half hour before the close? Then at least he would have known he did his best. My guess is that it worked out best for him that he lost, Steveimage
  • Options

<< <i>I agree Steve. I really look at every 09vdb much more carefully now. >>

Adam,
    I have to be amazed. In just over TWO MONTHS on these boards you have passed me on the number of posts made. I have been here for SEVEN YEARS. Congratulations. Steveimage
  • Options
    Hahaha, Thanks Steve. After 1000 I stopped looking back. I just like absorbing as much as I can now. I only hope I ajm still here after 7 years. Come to think of it, I havent even been collecting coins for 7 years yet.image