Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2008 Heritage Info

Hello, has anyone looked at the autograph check list this year. I am sorry to say it appears even worse than last years. As far as I can tell the BIG 3 are Yogi Berra, Joba Chamberlain, and ??? Wow. Topps is really getting cheap on the ink. I am affraid this is a sign that they are going to end the set all together in the near future. It just seems that they are putting so little thought into the sets the past few years. I have every set since 2001 and I gotta tell you I was really hoping for some more bang for my $$$. The cut autos are great but a lot of them are so so players. There is Mantle and Clemente though. But I still have yet to see any cut auto come out of any Heritage product ever. Well I hope they put all of the big players as short prints this year. I believe all of the short prints are going to be black back-ground variations. Otherwise there would be 163 total SP's. Good luck with that, so I hope there are only 120 or so SP's. Well just have to see.

Comments

• Options
    I imagine the autograph list is more a product of what the players are charging Topps for thier Autos not so much lack of product.

The heritage set has always been more for the set builders not those that seek the big value hits.
  • Options
    Blame all the card shows that are so lucrative for the high-end player. The sleeper this year is the chrome set. It is star quality and there are two in a box. Plus they got rid of team cards on the chrome list, thank goodness.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The sleeper this year is the chrome set. It is star quality and there are two in a box. >>

I believe they were 1:12 packs last year as well.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? Why do you say there would be 163 sp's if they were *not* black variations? I thought the sell sheets indicate there are 75 sp's and 425 base cards?
  • Options
    I have a feeling -- and that is all it is -- is that we will have white backs and grey backs because the '59s did. That would cause much confusion as it did three years ago.

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Do yourself a favor and save your money for A&G. image

Serioulsy every year I say I am not going to get involved in Topps Heritage but you guys suck me in...
  • Options
    I can agree with you that players charge to much, however the price of cases has gone up by close to $100 per. And to see that there are even less big name autos than last year???? I had better make a big pull this year or im done with Heritage.
  • Options
    Have any of you noticed that there are fewer and fewer cases on ebay??? I had to buy my cases from Lrcards directly. It was not like this last year. There was competition last year. Is there some kind of shortage that I dont know about? I just found on ebay that there are 88 black back sp's to go with the set. Does anyone have the SP checklist yet? My cases should be in shortly. Cant wait...Good luck to any of you that are buying this year, I think we are all going to need it...
  • Options
    Just found out that there are 75 regular SP's (dont know the #'s), and 88 Black back variation SP's (dont know the #'s). Wow this is gonna be a tough set. Any more info please post it....
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this thread sarge.
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    I went ahead and bought some 08 heritage boxes because they were inexpensive compared to the other years so I could try and build ny first heritage set. I know there are the black box cards and the listed short print cards. However, I opened 3 boxes and found a Jon Smoltz card. When looking this up I saw that this is a variation card also. Are there any other variations that I need to know of for 2008? I know I saw in one of the other threads they wondered about about a possible gray back white back variation. Thank-you for your help.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello