Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Could this back centering possibly garner a grade of PSA 10?

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that scan kind of sucks.....sorry.

Anyone else got a Dell A920 All In One scanner that can give me some advice on how to get better scans?
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint.

A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

MINT 9: Mint.

A PSA Mint 9 is a superb condition card that exhibits only one of the following minor flaws: a very slight wax stain on reverse, a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, that scan kind of sucks.....sorry.

Anyone else got a Dell A920 All In One scanner that can give me some advice on how to get better scans? >>

I think the scans look better if you cover the card with some black paper.
  • Options
    Centering on the card looks about 68/32
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Says a lot!

Was that one you sent in, or did you purchase it online?
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    To me a card is not gem mint 10 unless it has 50/50 centering on both the front and back, no dots on front or back and has the rich color on the front and back.

The 85 topps set has cards that can be found with the rich green color on the back.

But this is just my opinion on what would constitute a Gem card. Others can and do have different standards.

Back in the day I called only those types of cards Gems.

Steve
    Good for you.