Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Auto authentication...

I have several autographed items that I'd like to get authenticated. Do you have to be a member of PSA to have this done? If not, what will they give you to show that your item is authentic? If you have an item that has been, could you post a pic. Thanks.

Comments

• airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    PSA/DNA typically costs at least $20 whether you are submitting a card or other signed item of nearly any sports star. Some of the tougher autographs and deceased players can tend to be higher, though most of this generation's stars can be authenticated for under $30. If you have a card authenticated it will cost you $20 and look like the one posted below. If you have a photo or something else authenticated, they will affix a small tamper-proof sticker to your item and send it with a numered authentication card (sort of like a certificate of authenticity). PSA/DNA used to encapsulate things like index cards and cuts for $20, although that service will now cost you at least $30 and sometimes more as it is currently based upon their fee schedule instead of a flat rate. JSA has recently teamed up with BGS and does slab cards, index cards, and cuts that are affixed to index cards for $20 just like PSA/DNA used to. I haven't tried it yet but it does sound promising in saving some money on small items. If you are sending in something real valuable I would send it to PSA/DNA as I believe they hold more weight in realized auction price values, though the JSA/BGS thing seems to be a good way to save money on small cheaper things that you just want to know are authentic. Thanks.

- Joe

• airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Sorry......and to answer your other question, yes you do have to be a member of PSA to send to PSA/DNA. The same is not such with the JSA/BGS thing that was mentioned.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry......and to answer your other question, yes you do have to be a member of PSA to send to PSA/DNA. The same is not such with the JSA/BGS thing that was mentioned. >>

Not completely true. If your a member, you can send to PSA through great combo' and if you want to you can get card graded and you will get the red flip.
    Otherwise, when you send for slabbing (you dont have to be a member, but don't get cardgrading) and you will get the blue flip.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Pretty sure you DONT have to be a PSA member to use PSA/DNA...............
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"