Home Sports Talk
Options

Let's Hope the 2007 Pats Not Equal 1992 Gail Devers ...

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
A friend asked me for my throughts on Sunday's game. I told him I was torn because on the one hand I want the Pats to win because well (1) there's a Super Bowl winner every year, but how often do you get a sniff at 19-0; and (2) I'd love to shut up the 1972 Dolphins. But on the other hand, there is a certain part of me that would love to see the Pats' fan go home crying. For me, it's all or nothing; win the Super Bowl or not make the playoffs at all. I suffered through a tortuous season with the 49ers, but I suspect the pain a Pats fan will feel should they lose on Sunday will be greater than what I endured.

Ending, I said that 18-1 is a GREAT record, but not if that one loss came in the Super Bowl. If the Pats lose, it would be like ... Gail Devers in 1992 Olympics 100 meter hurdles final. Anyone remember that? Devers, way out in the lead, heading towards the LAST hurdle and ship trips and falls finishing 5th, which might as well be last. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but if the Pats lose, not only will this season be a waste for the Pats, but it could arguably be the biggest waste of a season ever in any sport.

/s/ JackWESQ

P.S. If anyone is interested, here's the video:

Devers Tripping On Last Hurdle

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100%, if they lose the Super Bowl their undefeated regular season meens absolutly nothing to me...