Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a coin, two good reasons to celebrate!!!

Ok, maybe two good reasons to celebrate for ME, but I thought I would share. The biggie, and original idea I had to do a post like this a couple days ago, is after 20 years of smoking, my New Years Resolution has held for 31 days. The wife and I have both not had a cigarrette in the new year, woo hoo! I have had "help" but am down to two pieces of gum a day, in way shorter time than recommended. So no AT/NT smoke toning of the coins in my house! (I had the coins away from smoke anyway, but still!) Anyway, if you have accomplished a new years resolution so far for the year (or just want to post) post a coin!
The second reason to celebrate, is ironically, because of the only thing I have been so negative about the last few days, Ebays new policies. The 12 month deal (only showing your rating as what you have done for the last twelve months) would have left me with 1 negative against me as of yesterday, when it kicks in. Well, that one must have been a year ago so now I will have a 100% rating (assuming no bad transactions until then) instead of 99.8 or 99.9.

This is my favorite celebration coin:

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?

Comments

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I have already broken all of my resolutions. I have spent way more on coins than I planned for the whole year and I only bought 3. image

Here is least expensive of the three.

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the no smoking. I also quit this year and now have more money to spend on coins like this NEWP!

Trade $'s
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Hang in there. I also quit smoking a year ago, the 6th of this month!
    After 50 years! If I managed to, w/o gums, pills, patches, fake cigs,
    anyone can. I did gain 30 lbs, tho...image

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm celebrating my 10th 97P PCGS MS69FS SMS nickel.

I have a job, good health benefits, a 401k, and an addiction for low mintage moderns.

Just like the look, and the 25k mintage!

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on giving up smoking. More money for coins now.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats..........I now have 12 days smoke free after 40 years of puffin.

I made it my new year resolution, but got a late start.. image

One of my fav 21 morgans

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Congrats..........I now have 12 days smoke free after 40 years of puffin>>

Good for you, be true and stick to it.

I have not smoked in 7 years, don't miss it at all.

Nice toner too. Love that pattern!
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies and nice to hear from all of you! And yes, the financial part was the biggest motivation, absolutely will have more for coins now!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.

Here is a smokey 3 center for your viewing pleasure.

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Congrat's on a "Major" achievement!!!!!!! I haven't been able to kick the habit, yet. Quit drinking, cold turkey, over five years ago, but smoking is tougher.

• Options
    Good job! Just think in one year your cardiovascular system will look like you have never smoked and in five years your lungs will look just as nice and pink as a non-smoker's too. Keep it up!

• Options
    Congradulations on quiting smoking,you can do it and its worth it. I quit 11 years ago after 36 years of smoking and it was tough but well worth it. AT $5 a pack ,2 packs a day thats $3650 a year. That would buy a few nice or one really nice coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file