Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Kudos to the USPS

I sent in 19 coins to PCGS this afternoon. My last couple of submissions were sent just normal insured mail. I had read horror stories of packaging disappearing and that you should only send Registered USPS. I've also read some stories of "bad postal experiences".

That said I showed up at the post office at 4:55, 5 minutes before closing. My box of coins were packaged with normal clear packaging tape, since I've never had any experience with registered mail. Quickly found out that it had to have all corners sealed with brown "lick it" tape.

The guy running the counter was nice enough to stick around till close to 5:30 while I took off the clear tape and re-applied the brown tape.

He was never in a rush and was very friendly while I did all this. Sometimes the bad experiences are all that get reported on the boards. Nice to actually see a good postal employee who is willing to stay 30 minutes late and help someone get a package off.
I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file