Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Donruss rip - at the office

I got a box of '81 Donruss in the mail today. Bought it off the Bay. Pretty much every card is way OC but having fun. Last pack of "18" cards had 12 Indians and 7 Brewers. Joe C was one of the Tribe but way OC so in the trash can under my desk with the rest of the cards. 5 packs down and not one single card worth saving so far. No scanner at the office.

Comments

• Options
    Was actually thinking about ripping some 1981 ans 1982 Donruss and Fleer as I'm working on the Brewers team sets. Your results don't make it sound to promising!
  • Options
    You sure these packs weren't searched and resealed?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I am starting to think they WERE searched. However, 81 Donruss had crazy sorting so the bad mix of cards is normal. The lack of super stars is not normal! Most packs have been made up of two teams with every card in the pack from those two teams. Have had a few packs with the same order in each. Had one pack with about 10 Astros but no Ryan. Still have half the box left. Tough to do at an office. It's one thing to play on the internet but another to open baseball cards. My secretary walked in yesterday as I was opening a pack. She didn't say anything.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Don't toss 'em before you take the L.A. Dodger cards out for me! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny-
    Have gotten a TON of Giant's, Cardinals, and Brewers. All in the trash. Will keep my eye out for the Dodger's. I am a Dodger fan but I think I have enough '81 Donruss... unless it's like a PSA 10 potential Garvey! I might save a nice Garvey. You can certainly have the rest.
  • Options
    I'll take any Brewers that you don't want!!!

P.S. nevermind, missed the "all in the trash" part. Did you take your garbage out yet? Are they free of Pepsi drippings and Quizno's sauce? Hahaha.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Arny-
    Have gotten a TON of Giant's, Cardinals, and Brewers. All in the trash. Will keep my eye out for the Dodger's. I am a Dodger fan but I think I have enough '81 Donruss... unless it's like a PSA 10 potential Garvey! I might save a nice Garvey. You can certainly have the rest. >>

Scans!!

Any Tigers??
  • Options
    I had a couple of packs full of Tiger's yesterday but they are GONE with the evening trash. Sorry Sting.

I am going to open the rest of the box this weekend. I will pull aside any Tiger's for you.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>Arny-
    Have gotten a TON of Giant's, Cardinals, and Brewers. All in the trash. Will keep my eye out for the Dodger's. I am a Dodger fan but I think I have enough '81 Donruss... unless it's like a PSA 10 potential Garvey! I might save a nice Garvey. You can certainly have the rest. >>

Thank you sir! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a couple of packs full of Tiger's yesterday but they are GONE with the evening trash. Sorry Sting.

I am going to open the rest of the box this weekend. I will pull aside any Tiger's for you. >>

Thanks!! This was one of last years of buying cards, hope you get a Fidrych!!
  • Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    No way they are searched. No cards worth sending in.

I remember opening these back in 1981 and your experience is similar. Not uncommon to get
    all of one team in a pack and even 4-5 of one card.
  • Options
    Clyde, Sting, and Arney-
    I also am opening some '81 Topps. Nothing great in the Donruss or the Topps but happy to send your team to you if you want. PM your addy to me.