Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Custom made cards?

I see that both Topps and Upper Deck will make custom cards for you based on an uploaded picture from a selection of templates. Upper Deck is a little bit more expensive. I'm considering getting some made. Does anyone here have experience with either one, and have comments on the quality of the cards? Thanks in advance,
Joe
No such details will spoil my plans...

Comments

• Options
    Link?
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    the Topps designs are a lot better than the UD's, but both are light years ahead of the ones my sons little league offers.
    If someone like Keith C40 or Garrett (Knuckles) offered templates of their designs it would blow a lot of these away, but it's tough going wrong with the prices that Topps is quoting.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Wow, Topps has a template for a number of baseball years. Sadly, though, they look too cartoony for my tastes.
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I'm leaning towards Topps both for the design and the pricing, but I was hoping to hear about the relative quality of the printing, stock, clarity, etc. I'm shocked that Topps doesn't offer the 1952 design template.

Joe
  • Options
    I have used Upper Deck for my kids' little league cards for the past several years. The quality is great - comparable to a standard issue Upper Deck Card. The orders have always been correct and relatively quick on the turnaround.

I used another company a few years ago for flag football cards (Not Topps) but I thought the UD cards were quite a bit nicer.

I didn't know Topps also did custom cards, but now I'll have to check them out too.
    John Vineyard