Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Curious Does Ken

percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
Does Ken Pines of Coast frequent the boards? He has an interesting collection of items.... Anyone ever deal with him?
"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley

Comments

• Options
    Do a search and you will be surprised.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Danger, Will Robinson.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he does, he is smarter than I would think as he doesn't let anyone here know it is him image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Wasn't he booted from the ANA?
  • Options

<< <i>Wasn't he booted from the ANA? >>

I believe you're right.
  • Options
    I have bought bullion from him in the past because he had very good prices (this was many years ago). Not sure if he still does.
    My experience was satisfactory.
    And yes, he was expelled from the ANA.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    percyb---I bet you'll get more than a few PM's answering your question.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Who is this guy?
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>percyb---I bet you'll get more than a few PM's answering your question. >>

I did the search. Thanks everyone for the warning!!

I've lost respect for CW and other mags publishing his ads without warning readers...yikes. CW does a disservice to the coin industry and hobby by publishing the ads of scoundrels.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    okay, i have recently chatted with him concerning a few coins, what up with him? i didnt buy anything, just got some prices. anyone wanna share the info pm me please.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>okay, i have recently chatted with him concerning a few coins, what up with him? i didnt buy anything, just got some prices. anyone wanna share the info pm me please. >>

Do a search dude. That will tell the story.
  • Options
    a search here, or on google?
    sorry i suck at pc stufff, sorry
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He owns Coast to Coast coins with the full page ads in Coin World. There is a reason all his coins are raw.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    au58au58 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    Don't even think about it.
  • Options
    nuff said... i havent done any buisness with him, but i get the feeling thats a good thing.
  • Options
    thank you kind sir.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>a search here, or on google? sorry i suck at pc stufff, sorry >>

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

peacockcoins

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run Forest RUN!
  • Options
    wowowowowow, wtf is he doing in coin world? this chit makes me sick. i know its about the all mighty dollar, but doesnt coin world have to take responsibility for thier actions in letting this happen in thier mag?

WTF!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>wowowowowow, wtf is he doing in coin world? this chit makes me sick. i know its about the all mighty dollar, but doesnt coin world have to take responsibility for thier actions in letting this happen in thier mag?
    WTF! >>

Hell will freeze over first.
  • Options
    i know. all about the money. its just their mag is geared towards teaching people about coins, and alot of thier articales are about the benefiets of original coins. and they allow these types of coins to be sold from thier mag. lost ubber respect with me. wow.
  • Options
    I LOVE THE BOARDS. I LOVE THE BOARDS. I know the mantra is buy the book before you buy the coin, but I SAY GO TO THE BOARDS BEFORE YOU GO TO A DEALER! wow, i have been saved twice now by being here.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Wow, glad I don't even look at those ads. image

I read the other threads linked above and I think this knowledge is engrained in my head now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file