Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FYI. Registered mail is slow lately

I've had several calls lately from people I'm shipping registered packages to asking why they haven't recieved thier packages lately and I've reassured them that in the worst case all is insured. Just got back from the PO where without prompting the postal clerk volunteered that for some unknown reason registered mail is taking 10 to 14 days right now. My guess is there is a procedure change or organizational change that they'll have to work through. --Jerry

Comments

• Options
    USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    11 days for mine to get to PCGS from WI
  • Options
    Well .... I got a shipment from PCGS to myself in 6 days, and I'm assuming it's registered. Going to the post office to pick it up right after work today!
    Ooops! Guess I should have mentioned that I'm in WI too.
  • Options
    MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    I sent a package from Denver to Washington on Saturday the 26th and just received a PM that the package arrived today.

It might be a regional problem...
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I sent a package to a fellow forum member on Monday and he got it yesterday.
  • Options
    SandhawkSandhawk Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

I shipped a Registered Package to Austria on Jan 17 and no sign of it yet...................

imageimage

• Options
    I have noticed it ebbs and flows with no rhyme or reason to it. I once had a package go east coast to west coast in 2 days while the one I sent upstate took 8 days!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you should bring this up Jerry!

I was at the PO yesterday shipping a registered Priority Mail parcel that had the address label printed on a Priority Mail label and she asked me to physically write the address on the side of the package. She said there were concerns over the USPS Priority Mail label coming off.

I've sent quite a few registered packages and have never had this one come up before. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    20 to 35 days to APO addresses is common.

I am waiting on packages that shipped 17 Jan (3x), 25 Jan & 28 Jan. At this point I am not worried about any of the three.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    ram1946ram1946 Posts: 762 ✭✭
    Nine days and counting from western PA to PCGS.
  • Options
    1/28 pkg. sent from Sarasota to Massachusetts rec'd 1/30....1/29 sent from Sarasota to MA rec'd today (both registered)
  • Options

<< <i>Funny you should bring this up Jerry!

I was at the PO yesterday shipping a registered Priority Mail parcel that had the address label printed on a Priority Mail label and she asked me to physically write the address on the side of the package. She said there were concerns over the USPS Priority Mail label coming off.

I've sent quite a few registered packages and have never had this one come up before. image >>

My post office started doing this (requiring that the address be written directly on the package, not a label) a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    I received the pcgs email on 01/22 that my package was going to ship. When I put the number into the USPS tracking, it said that they had been notified of the package. Today I look and it says... your package was picked up on 01/28. Just so it gets here will be good with me though.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just picked up my package from PCGS here in UT. 7 days from CA. It's never been more than 3 in the past.

Drunner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file