Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1970 Roosevelt........grade please...FB maybe?

Comments

• Options
    FBL? I can't even find the bell image
  • Options
    I got a little excited.....oops!
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I'm Searching a roll of 2007 now & I can't find one that good, So I would say yes
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to see the right side with that lighting and this ios where they usually miss.

My gut tells me it'll make it at PCGS but definitely not NGC.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>It's hard to see the right side with that lighting and this ios where they usually miss.

My gut tells me it'll make it at PCGS but definitely not NGC. >>

So NGC has a stricter policy about Full Torch?
  • Options
    That's about as nice a 70-p as you'll find. I think it's close. Don't forget the upper band too (looks to have a break, may just be the lighting). What grade do you think it is? Looks ms66+. I own one of the three ms67's, and once bought but returned one of the other ms67's. I have 2 ms66's right now that are a hair nicer than my ms67, and far nicer than the ms67 I returned.
  • Options

<< <i>That's about as nice a 70-p as you'll find. I think it's close. Don't forget the upper band too (looks to have a break, may just be the lighting). What grade do you think it is? Looks ms66+. I own one of the three ms67's, and once bought but returned one of the other ms67's. I have 2 ms66's right now that are a hair nicer than my ms67, and far nicer than the ms67 I returned. >>

D'oh! I didn't even look at the upper band; it's usually fine.

I'd guess this one isn't a mint set coin. It's a tough date to find in rolls but most of the dimes can be found with a little effort.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    This came from a set that I bought last year in a group and I just got around to looking at them....
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    That's really nice. Maybe a 65 or 66?

As far as FB the first reverse pic I would have said no but the next one makes me think it has a good chance.

If you get it you have a chance at a top pop as there is only 1 FB graded by PCGS and it's an MS64.
  • Options
    cladking,

you think it has a better shot by sending it to pcgs?

BECOKA

Thanks, thats the first place I looked when I found it....And only (2) across the street also.....
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    You need to really study the left and right sides of the bands. The center part of the lower band looks find. The upper band looks weak on the right side, but I can't tell on the lower band. I think the upper right side of the split is enough to say no bands

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>cladking,

you think it has a better shot by sending it to pcgs?

BECOKA

Thanks, thats the first place I looked when I found it....And only (2) across the street also..... >>

Yes. My understanding is that NGC is tougher on FB Roosies.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    MS66 - MS67 not full bands if PCGS

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Thats about the strongest split I have seen on a 70P on the lower bands. The upper bands look like
    they miss on the right side. Might just be the pics though. I would send it to PCGS.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    It's only $14.00 plus $5.00 plus shipping and ins to and from. Then you have to add 4 more coins to the sub. at $14.00 per. to find out.
    Or send it to nick so he can look at it in hand and tell you what you have, or whats missing.
    A little education goes a long way... image
    Dan
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you get it you have a chance at a top pop as there is only 1 FB graded by PCGS and it's an MS64. >>

I happen to own this coin and let me tell you that it does not have 100% FB in my mind and I will stick to my guns and say that there will never be a GEM 1970 FB Roosie made. I believe that you have a very nice coin and it may just get FB but I would have to see it in hand to believe it. Here is a very bad picture of the coin I own.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i> I happen to own this coin and let me tell you that it does not have 100% FB in my mind and I will stick to my guns and say that there will never be a GEM 1970 FB Roosie made.
    Later, Paul. >>

I'm not quite ready to go this far since the coin does come so nice sometimes. It never
    seems to have FB's and always seems to disappoint in some way but it does come nice.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I happen to own this coin and let me tell you that it does not have 100% FB in my mind and I will stick to my guns and say that there will never be a GEM 1970 FB Roosie made.
    Later, Paul. >>

It never
    seems to have FB's and always seems to disappoint in some way but it does come nice. >>

CK, yes it does come nice...sometimes, but the majority of the time, it comes with no FB's and very smoothed over hair, which is very tipical of the 1969-1972 Philly dimes.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file