Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade has only 3 listed auctions in the next 6 days

Did anyone hear of problems at Teletrade, I see only 3 auctions listed as of today and the last couple there was not alot of inventory being auctioned off.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this before and just think its indicative of the auction business.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I think they just have to catch up. They have much more than usual in this Sunday's Half Eagle section.
  • Options
    teletrade is crap. $35 restock fee. BS
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>teletrade is crap. $35 restock fee. BS >>

What did you buy? A gold coin? $35 that is not bad compared to my $12 frankie with juice and shipping I paid $25 only in America
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a sign that their high buyer/seller fees are eating into their consignments. I stopped consigning to them for that reason. Now I rarely buy from them as well.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Teletrade is probably our best option to buy and sell coins. Ebay is a freaking joke. Wanna talk about fees? Listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees. driving to the post office, envelopes, packing materials. dealing with ahole buyers? Hell I'd rather pay a straight % of the sale price to people who do ALL the work for me while I sit back and watch. And as far as their buyer fees I agree they are a little steep with the $8 min. they need to drop that and just go 12% across the board. Return fees are almost a necessary evil since alot of people would take advantage for an example see what the flippers do to the US Mint.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    they have auctions that close on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday

on rare special occasions one may show up on Tuesday, Friday or Saturday

how many auctions would you expect in any 6 day period?

Most auctions I go to are -> if you have high bid it is yours (as is, where is, in condition it is in)
    if you do not understand those terms, you should not bid/buy

if you want a frickin approval service, buy from Littleton
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Teletrade is probably our best option to buy and sell coins. Ebay is a freaking joke. Wanna talk about fees? Listing fees, final value fees, paypal fees. driving to the post office, envelopes, packing materials. dealing with ahole buyers? Hell I'd rather pay a straight % of the sale price to people who do ALL the work for me while I sit back and watch. And as far as their buyer fees I agree they are a little steep with the $8 min. they need to drop that and just go 12% across the board. Return fees are almost a necessary evil since alot of people would take advantage for an example see what the flippers do to the US Mint. >>

If Teletrade wasn't such a dumping ground for unwanted dealers' crap, It can be a viable alternative to ebay..image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file