Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Platinum up $50 to $1737

RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭
CNI buy prices

With platinum goes up $50 today, very soon a 2008 W 1/4 UNC platinum will cost $500 from the Mint. And this price increase will deter more collectors from buying the coin and thus a new platinum key is in the making. image

Comments

• Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    You are very right my friend! image
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Where are all the 10th anniversary 2 coin set 2007 w reverse and proof jokers. Platinum will go up and up as long as the stock market crumbles.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    There's a power problem in South Africa right now which mines most of the worlds platinum that's making Platinum spike like this. If your not a collector it will be time to sell soon IMO. Nothing just keeps going up but I will say they won't have this problem solved until 2012 from what I've been reading in the mining news but when you have stuff go up like this you'll see the mines get very creative in it's solution and not rely soley on the goverment.
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    The sweet thing for platinum buyers is that while there have been many struggles on the supply side this has only recently been highlighted by the MSM/DBM and the reality is that is takes 9 months from the time platinum ore is dug up until it has been refined for the market. Don't expect the price of platinum to fall and by the time the production gets to pre-problem levels the demand will have risen beyound production and the price will continue to rise. IMO
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I sure hope I do well on the anniversary set I thought I was going to keep but am now selling to pay for another coin. image
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>Where are all the 10th anniversary 2 coin set 2007 w reverse and proof jokers. >>

--With the cost of that set at $1950 there are still cheaper ways to buy platinum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file