Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1853 No Arrows..... yeah right...

This type of auction should not be allowed... image

LINK

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    No arrows, with rays...that would be an interesting one.
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? He is being quite truthful. The removal was "very well done". He clearly shows the w/rays reverse. There should be no doubt about what is being sold.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why? He is being quite truthful. The removal was "very well done". He clearly shows the w/rays reverse. There should be no doubt about what is being sold. >>

His auction says:

<< <i>This 1853 Seated Quarter, No Arrows, has G detail. Arrows removed? If so very well done! We will start it cheap and see what happens! >>

This from a supposed "Dealer"? What does he mean "If so". With all due respect, give me a break. If he/she wanted to be "truthful" then they should have listed it as "arrows removed". Why infer any doubt with the "if so" other than to deceive.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Richards hipp on this one image
    The "....if so...." is pretty slimy. From the pics, they certainly look removed. With coin inhand, esp a dealer, should be more affirmative.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why? He is being quite truthful. The removal was "very well done". He clearly shows the w/rays reverse. There should be no doubt about what is being sold. >>

His auction says:

<< <i>This 1853 Seated Quarter, No Arrows, has G detail. Arrows removed? If so very well done! We will start it cheap and see what happens! >>

This from a supposed "Dealer"? What does he mean "If so". With all due respect, give me a break. If he/she wanted to be "truthful" then they should have listed it as "arrows removed". Why infer any doubt with the "if so" other than to deceive. >>

OPPS!! I left off the winkie. Sorry.
    Totally changed the intent of my post.
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm with Richards hipp on this one image
    The "....if so...." is pretty slimy. From the pics, they certainly look removed. With coin inhand, esp a dealer, should be more affirmative. >>

The "real" 1853 no arrows also has no rays on the back. So yes to someone that know this there is zero doubt about what is being sold.

Maybe I'm wrong... but it just didn't seem like a very professional way to advertise the coin...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file