Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I've Got a Golden Ticket....

GOLDEN TICKET PROMOTION OFFERS EXQUISITE OPPORTUNITY
Upper Deck is celebrating the five-year anniversary of Exquisite Basketball with a special "Golden Ticket" promotion across several of its brands.

One golden ticket will be randomly inserted into the SP Authentic (releasing Feb. 13), UD Black (Feb. 27), SP Rookie Edition (mid-March) and UD Premier (early April) basketball products. A fifth golden ticket will be awarded through a no-purchase-necessary program. The five winners will each receive airfare and accommodations to Upper Deck's production facility to attend the packout of 2007-08 Exquisite Basketball this summer.

Not only will they get a behind-the-scenes look at this year's Exquisite release, they will also have an opportunity to create their own pack of Exquisite cards. Winners will be given five minutes to create their own pack according to the set ratios in place for the product, meaning they can select the players and inserts they want in their packs as long as those options fall in line with the specified ratios.

"Our ultimate goal is to bring collectors closer to our products and the sports they love," said Chris Kollmeyer, Upper Deck basketball brand manager. "This is another innovative and exciting way to give collectors an opportunity to see the large undertaking we go through for packing out a product this important. The other thing winners will enjoy is just how awesome it is to see all of these cards in one place for that brief time before they all are packaged and sent out. It's the type of behind-the-scenes experience that any hardcore collector would salivate over."

Comments

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

"Innovative??????" I guess they have never heard of Willy Wonka!! Sorry UD, again you are years late, and dollars short!!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Winners will be given five minutes to create their own pack according to the set ratios in place for the product, meaning they can select the players and inserts they want in their packs as long as those options fall in line with the specified ratios. >>

So, if you want a card that has a 1 in 20 pack hit ratio, do you have to roll a 20 sided die to see if you get it?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Oompa Loompa Doompadee-doo
    I've got the perfect product for you.
    Oompa Loompa Doompadee-dee
    Don't tell your wives now listen to me.

What do you get when you buy all these packs?
    Nothing if you get Gary searched wax.
    I hope they don't chop a Babe Ruth used bat.
    Of course they will you can't stop that.

I don't like the sound of it.

Oompa Loompa Doompadee-dah
    Some like it graded some like it raw.
    You can grade your autographs too.
    Just send to G-A-I--I trust you!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Winners will be given five minutes to create their own pack according to the set ratios in place for the product, meaning they can select the players and inserts they want in their packs as long as those options fall in line with the specified ratios. >>

So, if you want a card that has a 1 in 20 pack hit ratio, do you have to roll a 20 sided die to see if you get it? >>

I think that means you would have to buy 20 packs while there. So in other words, you have to beat impossible odds and pull a golden ticket, then shell out several thousand to walk away with anything cool. Nice contest.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Goofy isn't it?
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oompa Loompa Doompadee-doo
    I've got the perfect product for you.
    Oompa Loompa Doompadee-dee
    Don't tell your wives now listen to me.

What do you get when you buy all these packs?
    Nothing if you get Gary searched wax.
    I hope they don't chop a Babe Ruth used bat.
    Of course they will you can't stop that.

I don't like the sound of it.

Oompa Loompa Doompadee-dah
    Some like it graded some like it raw.
    You can grade your autographs too.
    Just send to G-A-I--I trust you! >>

LOL
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    That was priceless.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    That would be a fun trip. I'd spend 1/2 of my time going out the back door
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>That would be a fun trip. I'd spend 1/2 of my time going out the back door >>

I guess that would mean you would have to spend the other half going back inside. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.