Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

VCP Please?

Hey all,

Would there be a kind individual out there that would look up the 1948-49 Leaf #79 Jackie Robinson RC in PSA 4 for me?

Thanks a ton.

Comments

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Here's my good deed for the day:

Taking out the most expensive and least expensive, it sells anywhere from $575-$870 with the avg of the last five sold being $665.

See, I'm not such a bad guy.

Lee

• << <i>Here's my good deed for the day:

Taking out the most expensive and least expensive, it sells anywhere from $575-$870 with the avg of the last five sold being $665.

See, I'm not such a bad guy.

Lee >>

I never said you were a bad guy Lee :-)

This is for a PSA 4 though? That seems high... ????
  • Lee is right on here is the last few

Date Auction Link Seller Buyer Bids Price Extra
    1/27/08 $576.02
    1/4/08 $609.99
    10/29/07 $644.00
    10/13/07 $671.00
    8/20/07 $827.00
    7/8/07 $962.27
  • Wow. Take a look at how the price has dropped over the last 6 months!
    I collect PSA graded 1980-81 Basketball.

Successful transactions with bouwob, lifeshouldbefun, SDSportsFan, Bkritz, tsalems1, kwtoz, johnny1976, Topps29, Calaban7, nascar20, bking, bedellsonics, Beck6, Dialj, Echocanyon, mdkuom, gosteelers, artimus.

• << <i>Wow. Take a look at how the price has dropped over the last 6 months! >>

Indeed.

Thanks for the research fellas.

I have a lead on a straight 4 (it's OC, but without the qualifier) for a few hundred. I think I'm going to take it.

• << <i>good luck and enjoy the card... sure is a nice looking card (from the stock picture at VCP) >>

Thanks a lot.
  • good luck and enjoy the card... sure is a nice looking card (from the stock picture at VCP)
  • bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Geez,I remember a couple years ago I bought a nicely centered PSA 5 for a little over $500,Prices really
    have gone up on that card.

Jake
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is that you want the cornerstone of your set to be the best card, not one of the worst. Do not skimp on an OC 4 and just save a little longer for a well centered 5. I'm not saying you will ever sell the set, but if you do, you will be glad you did because better grade stars will carry the price.

• << <i>My opinion is that you want the cornerstone of your set to be the best card, not one of the worst. Do not skimp on an OC 4 and just save a little longer for a well centered 5. I'm not saying you will ever sell the set, but if you do, you will be glad you did because better grade stars will carry the price. >>

Hey Nick. I dont collect the Leaf set, so your comment is a non-issue (although you make a VERY good point).

If I can scoop up a 4 for $400, I'll do it in a heartbeat (OC or not).