Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Very First CoinStar Pick-up... (2 pics)

I had about given up on ever finding a coin in the CoinStar 'reject' slot at my local grocery... they have so much business that they actually installed a second machine a few months back, but there's never any left-over coins... not even on the floor around the machines. So, I'm returning movies to the "MovieCube" machine the other night... and while I'm waiting I wander over to the CoinStar for a quick peak - and YaY, I finally got a free Wheatie!! image Yeah, so, no big deal.... but it was FREE!

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Not to bad a coin, never got a wheatie out of one yet, wonder why it got rejected. I think the employees at the stores have learned to look in the return slots, I hardly find anything anymore in the two I regularly go by.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be worth a nickel real soon !

edit to add:
    I was referring to the value of the metal, not the numismatic value.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best Coinstar find was a Bison Nickel that got rejected because it was a sintered planchet, 100% copper in color and worth a couple hundred dollars, very awesome. I had put the Bisons in and this coin came from a mint bag that I thought I had searched but apparently not. Coinstar found me a very valuable coin.

ErrorsOnCoins
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't get this...."

Sometimes it has to do with time of day. Sometimes it has to do with whose around. Sometimes it has to with nothing in particular at all. Really, it defies analysis.

Cool find at a nice price.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody in the Northern California area should know that I am about to spend a bunch of 1958-D Lincolns that are in BU condition.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    That actually looks pretty good. It would make a good album filler.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    What's that behind the head?

nice findimage
  • Options

<< <i>What's that behind the head?

nice findimage >>

I'm not sure.... I see it in the pic but not with my magnifier?? Either lighting.......... or fiber??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file