Home Sports Talk
Options

When the Pats win on sunday....

are they the greatest team ever?
I say yes. Look at strength of schedule.
Wins against teams in the playoffs.
Not a cupcake schedule(yeah, i know afc east).
And the fact that 19-0 has never been done before.
give me liberty or give me death
my hotelsimage

Comments

• Options
    Yes, they are.

By the way, there sure are alot of Pats fans these las few years arent they. Not saying you, Im just saying they are all over all of a sudden.

Personally I am sick of them winning, spread the wealth man!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    I would say yes but I know I am biased being a Pats fan.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF IF IF IF IF IF they win, they will have my vote as the greatest team ever!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The '07 TB Yuks were slightly better, even though they went one and done.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having flashbacks from Super Bowl XXXVI?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN they win, they will have my vote as the greatest team ever! >>

Perk, why do you always do this to yourself? image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Yes, of course. But if they lose............

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN they win, they will have my vote as the greatest team ever! >>

Perk, why do you always do this to yourself? image >>

image I dont have a choice, here in Mass it is our team, win or l...win
  • Options

<< <i>

Perk, why do you always do this to yourself? image >>

image I am SOOOOOOO Supersticious you have no idea! image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patriots are not only the greatest football team ever, but the greatest sports team ever, including those teams going back to ancient days of Rome and Greece, and even before that when cavemen had sports teams, and even beyond that going back to the earliest days of life itself billions of years ago when amoebas first started wiggling around together competitively. Yes, the Patriots are the greatest.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think about it, Brady had 50 TD passes in the FIRST YEAR with most of his receivers.

IF they can shore up the defense a bit, what would stop them from being just as good or (gasp!) better in 2008? image
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    When they win on Sunday,Crown their asses as the greatest EVAH!!!!!!!!

Jake
  • Options

<< <i>Patriots are not only the greatest football team ever, but the greatest sports team ever, including those teams going back to ancient days of Rome and Greece, and even before that when cavemen had sports teams, and even beyond that going back to the earliest days of life itself billions of years ago when amoebas first started wiggling around together competitively. Yes, the Patriots are the greatest. >>

Keep trying Steve, but your phony praise for the Pats will not jinx them. image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>are they the greatest team ever?
    And the fact that 19-0 has never been done before. >>

I would hope all NY Yankee haters would take a second to digest the thread title and content of this initial post. While I have nothing against this type of thread it holds the SAME EXACT content that has made so many hate the Yankees over the years. Arrogance, entitlement, etc ....... so with this said I feel their would be nothing better that could happen to the NFL then a NY Giants upset and victory over New England on Sunday. logic tells even me that this is not likely to ahppen .... BUT if it does..... oh boy oh boy oh boy.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Patriots are not only the greatest football team ever, but the greatest sports team ever, including those teams going back to ancient days of Rome and Greece, and even before that when cavemen had sports teams, and even beyond that going back to the earliest days of life itself billions of years ago when amoebas first started wiggling around together competitively. Yes, the Patriots are the greatest. >>

Keep trying Steve, but your phony praise for the Pats will not jinx them. image >>

Dam, if the amoeba analogy doesn't work, nothing will. image
  • Options

<< <i>image I am SOOOOOOO Supersticious you have no idea! image >>

I'm not superstitious....but I'm a little stitious.

---The Office

And yes, if they win, they have to be considered the best team ever. They didn't just win all their games...the majority of them weren't even close.

Average points per game: 36.8!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife is from Malden, MA (greater Boston area) so don't think she's just being a front runner either! Though she's more Red Sox (and Yaz in particular) than anything.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>are they the greatest team ever?
    And the fact that 19-0 has never been done before. >>

I would hope all NY Yankee haters would take a second to digest the thread title and content of this initial post. While I have nothing against this type of thread it holds the SAME EXACT content that has made so many hate the Yankees over the years. Arrogance, entitlement, etc ....... so with this said I feel their would be nothing better that could happen to the NFL then a NY Giants upset and victory over New England on Sunday. logic tells even me that this is not likely to ahppen .... BUT if it does..... oh boy oh boy oh boy.

image >>

By the way, I hope you sent Scott Norwood his annual Christmas Card.
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, I hope you sent Scott Norwood his annual Christmas Card. >>

w/check enclosed from ALL G-men fans
  • Options

<< <i>I would hope all NY Yankee haters would take a second to digest the thread title and content of this initial post. While I have nothing against this type of thread it holds the SAME EXACT content that has made so many hate the Yankees over the years. Arrogance, entitlement, etc ....... so >>

With the exception of perkdog, this appears to be the case.

/ poopstirring
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Cmon now, it wasn't arrogance in my initial post, it was a hypothetical question.
    Everyone hates the Yankees because......... They're the Yankeesimage
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    I might just want to throw up..........As a Charger fan either the Pats or Sheli getting the hardware is tough to look forward to. I guess I have to fall back on #55 Seau. So I guess I have that going for me? Right?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    image >>

By the way, I hope you sent Scott Norwood his annual Christmas Card. >>

ahhhh, you guys are making this so easy. THANKS! So obnoxious you New England fans are I tell ya image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Seau is a class act.
    BTW when the Pats and Chargers play, it isn't exactly a love fest is it?
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    I'm shocked that you didn't edit the thread title.

Unless you don't believe in karma, then guess it doesn't matter.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm shocked that you didn't edit the thread title.

Unless you don't believe in karma, then guess it doesn't matter. >>

:Thinking Stown is right but hoping this is an exception:
  • Options
    The title stays..... I have confidence in my team.
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The title stays..... I have confidence in my team's ability to cheat at whatever they have to get the win. >>

• Options
    Ah cripes. its been reported that in private many former head coaches say they have taped other teams.
    That it is widespread. The Pats got caught and paid the price. enough
    my hotelsimage
  • Options

<< <i>Ah cripes. its been reported that in private many former head coaches say they have taped other teams.
    That it is widespread. The Pats got caught and paid the price. enough >>

Exactly
  • Options
    perkdog,

Please click out of this thread, there is nothing for you to see here.

I said go away.

Thank you in advance.

Now to the OP:

<< <i>Is anyone else having flashbacks from Super Bowl XXXVI? >>

<< <i>I'm shocked that you didn't edit the thread title.

Unless you don't believe in karma, then guess it doesn't matter. >>

I told you so.

• Options
    Hey, This Thread got awful quite all of the sudden.

Hows that crow taste? Greatest Team Ever huh? 85 BEAR defense would have eaten this Pats team up!
  • Options
    Wow - all the talk you had perkdog and now no where to be found

perkdog = joestalin
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    Yeah, Giants played a great game. The Pats O line could not contain.
    Amazing string of victories by the G men. Congrats.
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    1972 Miami Dolphins -Still the only undefeated and greatest team of all-time.

2007 New England Patriots -What a run, but what a waste. Poor sportsmanships from coaching staff to players.

2007 New York Giants -Super Bowl Champs. Underdog from the getgo.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nice title. Perhaps you should have wrote it ' IF the Pats win on Sunday'

Seve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow - all the talk you had perkdog and now no where to be found

perkdog = joestalin >>

I wasnt near the computer or at home for the game, at least gimme like 12hrs before you call me out! Im hear to takee my medicine, so have at it.
  • Options
    Actually Perkdog I'm just having fun..... I know you are nothing like commie boy

Living in Atlanta and being a Falcon fan - I don't have much else to do in the post season - again sorrt Perkdog, I was having fun at your expense, that was not cool.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

<< <i>Actually Perkdog I'm just having fun..... I know you are nothing like commie boy

Living in Atlanta and being a Falcon fan - I don't have much else to do in the post season - again sorrt Perkdog, I was having fun at your expense, that was not cool. >>

Its all good- I will edit my "Dork" comment! No offense , Im all up for getting beat on, tell you the HONEST truth- I was a little nervous when the Giants beat the Pack, I knew the table was set for redemption- payback from the 04 ALCS! What comes around, goes around