Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My *new* Reales... 2 LARGE pics of all 4 coins - Comments/Opinions??

Didn't know even what these were when I picked them up last weekend (at a Gun Show)... but they were silver & in my limited price range.... (I had to buy Something... and the only 2 other coins I saw were a polished Morgan & a common Peace dollar). Couldn't see anything for detail in the poor lighting... but here are my very worn (& holey*) specimens:

Three 1 Reales (1777, 1780, 1807*) & One 2 Reales (1774)................ anything of any decent value?? Opinions on condition? Thanks all ~

Comments

• Options
    MeijiMeiji Posts: 170 ✭✭
    They all look like colonial mexican issue Reales.
    The condition looks VG-Fine.
    The holed version fairs better but has a hole, which hurts its value some.
    As for the value, I'm guessing it's worth alittle more than bullion but not by much.
    $10-15.00 each i'd say.
  • Options
    I agree with Meiji on the origin. I a couple are hard to determine on the mint mark, because of significant wear...

I'd tag them as as AG to G, VG Damaged on the holed coin, with a value around 5 buck a pop as eclectic value. Still neat finds to come across.
  • Options
    Yeah, it was really hard to photograph these... they are so smooth that any direct lighting made them shine & washed out the pic, and less light wasn't too helpful either!

Thanks for the input!